Jeremy Clarkson

J4MES OX4D

Suspended by the BBC and Top Gear will not air on Sunday :o He's on a final warning so this could be the end of him and even the show - cannot see it working without him. He's a bit of a twat but a massive presence on TV http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988412/Top-Gear-s-Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-BBC-fracas-producer.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this on the radio this afternoon. Can't say I'm surprised tbh, the guy's been pushing his luck for years. If he does go I reckon that'll be curtains for TG, although something deep down inside tells me that this is all a publicity thing. 

banlol.png

If he gets the sack, then they will get someone else on and it will be like, 2 and a half men, without Charlie sheen... It will all go to shit...

He's not that great but just his lack of presence on the show will have a negative effect I reckon...

blackops2sig.jpg

I've seen a few off season shows they did with teh other two, and it just wasn't good.

That show will be as bad as the american version if they dump him

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

He had a fall out with a producer, the BBC is a joke the show is over without him and it's probably one of the beebs biggest.

Love him or hate him I personally like the fact he's willing to say what he thinks and is willing to ruffle a few feathers that's sadly missing from this world.

I used to like him in the early days but have come to regard him as a boorish twat. Haven't watched TG for 2 or 3 series now and don't miss it. The only one I have time for is James May but hey, to each their own

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Considering how much in revenue TG is to the BBC they would be mad to kill the show by ditching Clarkson! He only says what most of are thinking anyway in most cases.

I read that TG has a global audience of 350m, you can't ignore that. The show would die without him on it, whether you like him or not doesn't matter. The fan base would give up if he was forced out. I'm not saying he should be allowed to get away with everything, but in this case it would be a costly mistake on the part of Beeb imo.

400,000 people have signed a petition to get him his job back......i suppose it is the biggest show in the world.

No idea what happened but i agree with Dave, sounds like a publicity stunt, although they've had a lot of publicity recently.

Considering how much in revenue TG is the BBC they would be mad to kill the show by ditching Clarkson! He only says what most of are thinking anyway in most cases.

I read that TG has a global audience of 350m, you can't ignore that. The show would die without him on it, whether you like or not doesn't matter. The fan base would give up if he was forced out. I'm not saying he should be allowed to get away with everything, but in this case it would be a costly mistake on the part of Beeb imo.

Agree. Sadly the BBC is in a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. If they keep him despite being on a final written warning; the stereotypical British taxpayer who writes to Points of View every Sunday will throw their crumpets at the telly in fury and it'll go political to the House of Commons.

If they sack him; the taxpayer will rejoice but the BBC will lose tens of millions and a fuckload of viewers whilst opening the door for ITV or Sky to snap him up and a possible rival show with even more funding from advertising rather than through the taxpayers' pockets.

BBC are in a fucked up situation either way. I think the producer who was on the receiving end of the 'punch' may have no choice to bullshit the story so Clarkson keeps his job,the suspension is lifted and Top Gear still exists.  

400,000 people have signed a petition to get him his job back......i suppose it is the biggest show in the world.

No idea what happened but i agree with Dave, sounds like a publicity stunt, although they've had a lot of publicity recently.

I signed the petition  :ph34r:

In all honesty I like Clarkson, I know some people think he's an idiot but he's a funny idiot!

He's a breath of fresh air in a world which is dictated by politics and being careful not to step on any toes. I disagree with lots of what he says and does but at least he has the balls to say it, unlike the rest of our TV personalities who are too scared to say anything in case it offends someone. 

banlol.png

He's a breath of fresh air in a world which is dictated by politics and being careful not to step on any toes. I disagree with lots of what he says and does but at least he has the balls to say it, unlike the rest of our TV personalities who are too scared to say anything in case it offends someone. 

Couldn't agree more!

I agree with this but he is still a boorish twat IMHO!

Much as i actually do like Clarkson, i think it's kind of being looked at from the wrong perspective. He's not been suspended for saying something stupid this time. He's been suspended for (allegedley) punching a co-worker. That's gross misconduct in any job you have apart from boxing and MMA! If i were the reciptient of the punch and then the guy got reinstated because he's popular, i'd be mortified.

I'll be gutted if he does get fired, i geniuenly like how he says it how he sees it. But i won't be surprised or feel sorry for him, due to the nature of the incident. However if it transpires that this is all handbags or bullshit, then he should be back without question

There's already speculation as to who could take over, some twat threw Piers Morgan into the mix, that would be ultimate insult to both Clarkson and fans of TG, plus me I can't stand the guy! Not surprised Clarkson landed one on him in the past, he's got that kind of face you wouldn't get tired of hitting.

And relax  :P

REad a comment today that basically said

"Its a shame Clarkson wasn't a child Rapist, the BBC would have ignored it all then"

Or something to that effect. Which while cringe inducing, is sort of accurate

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

He's a casual racist and xenophobe, with views on the environment that belong to the 1950s... yet for some he's the flag bearer against political correctness.

I'd personally prefer a better person to represent such a fight. Probably why I like Frankie Boyle.

When some people make iffy jokes I can go along with it because I suspect it's tongue in cheek or ironic, there's no trace of that with Clarkson.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31869967

Ends with the following paragraph:-

"Clarkson, and co-presenters May and Richard Hammond, are due to renegotiate their contracts next month."

Should be an interesting chat!!  :lol:  :lol: