Super bowl 2015

Plumbers Crack

I don't mind playing poker, because it's mainly in my control.  Sure, winning hands need to come in periodically, but you can play certain ways to help yourself.  Betting on teams/horses seems crazy to me.  The outcome is completely out of my control, so I just can't imagine putting money on it.  A friendly wager w/ a friend, cool, but people who consistently gamble on sporting events baffle me. 

Betting shops adorn most british high streets, but yeah I think there's some addiction going on in those places. I know people who gather for poker but I think it's for small amounts and for fun. Not tried it myself.

I've watched the first half of the Superbowl tonight, 'tit for tat' sums it up for me so far. And I'm not talking Katy Perry ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bloody fell asleep didn't I :angry:

Saw the first half which was a weird game - Patriots dominated and then Seattle scored out of nothing. Patriots then get back in front and look comfortable but with 6 seconds left; the Seahawks nick another touchdown which was a risky attempt instead of a kick but it paid off. Katy Perry then comes out with a distinct lack of cleavage on show and after that; I don't remember a thing. Not really a reflection on the game or Katy Perry herself but I was just knackered. Looked like a pretty mental second period though

Got up early to watch Super Bowl recording. Incredible end. My wife has seen one game in her life and would have made a better play call than the Seahawks did with seconds left. Beyond crazy

They've got the best run game in the league, and they decide to pass it on 2nd down and goal, stuuuuuuupid.  I thought the game was over.  I thought for sure they'd just run it in, and there wouldn't be enough time for the Patriots to do anything.  I still cant' believe they tried to pass it in.  Wow.  

It was a pretty good game.  I don't like either team, but it was a great game.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Yes really tense game - I wanted Seahawks but not enough to let the result spoil my enjoyment. However its always nice to see a team win, but this time it was decided by a team losing. Team coach has taken the blame for the call, if I was a seahawk fan I would be really gutted by that

At first I just thought here we go as expected patriots romp but fair play to Seattle defence once again keeping them in the game, the second touchdown gutsy call but Yeh on second and goal from the 1 really?

The look on Richard Sherman's face.

Some great individual performances though, good game.

Just finished watching the video - that was a dumb call, especially after all the work the patched up Seahawks defence had done

Great game for the neutral and a good advert for American Football......except possibly the brawl at the end :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork