Dying Light

J4MES OX4D

It is. It's fucking awesome is what it is. Dividing the game into two completely different games based on whether it's night or day was the money shot.

I've got it on Steam and will pick it up for PS4 later too. The community is already getting stuck in with modding too, search for Dying Light aggressive zombies for example, really cranks their bloodthirst up to 11.

Nothing as satisfying as zapping zombies with a street light trap.

banlol.png

Loving the coop on this.  2 footed jumps never get old.  ever.

Also, thanks to Chip, who came and showed us the ropes.  Me and Lee were struggling a bit using pipes and stuff, then Chip Busts in with assault rifles, Katana swords and grenades.  Many LOLs were had.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Loving the coop on this. 2 footed jumps never get old. ever.

Also, thanks to Chip, who came and showed us the ropes. Me and Lee were struggling a bit using pipes and stuff, then Chip Busts in with assault rifles, Katana swords and grenades. Many LOLs were had.

Yep, cheers Chip. Too early to really understand what's going on to say how good this game is. But one thing I do know is nighttime is shit my pants adrenaline rush scary.

Whenever the big scaries are out, I lose all coordination and jump into walls like a dribbling mong.  But I got me some firepowah now.  I'll be on later for poops and giggles.

THIS. IS. SPAAAARTAAAAA!

ec9e7yj.gif

If you dont have thd Dying Light companion app, get it on android and itwat. Heres a quick copypasta:

"The Dying Light: Companion App is your free, one way ticket to Harran, the zombie infected city in which you managed to survive in. As a newly promoted scout commander, your role is to manage a team of Scouts – other survivors who are brave and swift enough to fight with the infected while gathering supplies and saving other survivors.

Manage your scouts as they embark on dangerous missions. Find new recruits that will join your ranks. Assemble teams that are best suited for any given task and watch them come back with supplies and glory. Send the wrong people to fight the infected, and they will come back as one of them…

Components, supplies, and gear that your scouts find in the Companion App can be transferred to your character in the Dying Light game when it’s released. NOTE: you’ll need to create an account on your Dying Light game which will be available on any next gen console or PC."

Its good. Get it.

banlol.png

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish in co-op play?

Chip said survival. Upgrade weapons and skills. The whole game is co-op I believe. It's up to four people.

The companion App is pretty awesome.

I dont think there is a point, per se, to the co-op like we experience in most games.

The Story is pretty weak overall.

HOWEVER!

The game, I think, knows this, and didn't try to add anything to it right now. The focus of the game is to run around like a monkey and fight zombies in a Post-Apoc setting before the Governement comes in and Nukes you.

I think it works because its not serious, and it doesn't attempt to have a story really. (Its much like Minecraft in that regard)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I've played 35 hours according to Steam and I've only completed about 20% of the main story. Looting, running/climbing/grapple-hooking and destroying zombies is the order of the day, it's extremely satisfying :)

I've two rifles with about 80 bullets, I only fired them to see how they fire and no more because I've just enjoyed the melee so much.

I've lost a whole day just because on my way to a mission I've just stopped and started fighting the buggers, keep doing that over and over :D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've played 35 hours according to Steam and I've only completed about 20% of the main story. Looting, running/climbing/grapple-hooking and destroying zombies is the order of the day, it's extremely satisfying :)

I've two rifles with about 80 bullets, I only fired them to see how they fire and no more because I've just enjoyed the melee so much.

I've lost a whole day just because on my way to a mission I've just stopped and started fighting the buggers, keep doing that over and over :D

You reached The Old Town yet Phil? 

I finished the story in 45 hours but I still have side quests to do and once I've done that; I'm heading straight to the New Game+ mode B)

Oh and then there's the mods...

I was wondering if it was worth it to stop with the side quest crap and just level up the various abilities. Seems like I will naturally do it anyway lol

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Who's on tonight?  Drop kicking a zombie off the rooftops just isn't the same without someone special to share the experience with.

I will try to be on tonight, but I have a feeling the wife will toss up a boycott.

Picked it up. I got through the prologue. So I can co-op. Like it so far. The jumping with RB is weird. Playing with your headphones on is freaky. A couple of scenes had me jump. The big dude in the garage scared the hell out of me