Minecraft 1.8

Sennex

yea, they are a pita to edit out. 

Typically if I come across one, I go into creative mode and just destroy the whole thing. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy, check the album again, I posted 3 more pics. One of them is a random statue/ monument that Ruins adds in

Also, it cracks me up how much coal you get with the presets how they are. Only mining the surface area and I already have 66 coal and still the starting pickaxe. If I ever make a server again, I will be using this set.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That's really cool man.  I love Minecraft, but it takes a lot of time.  I don't play it unless I know I've got a good chunk of time set aside.  Those statues, ruins, etc. would be very cool.  

Next time I play Minecraft, I'm going to start adding cool shit like this.  

(P.S.  I just sent you a PM).

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

All it does is sort your inventory, replace your broken tools/ weapons, and swap out / refill stacks in your hand from your backpack

it also sorts chests.

I think the default is "R", so say like I have 66 cobblestone, and I am building a wall. Two cobble in hand, and 64 in my backpack. If I use those 2 cobble in my hand, it will auto refill my hand with the 64 that were in my backpack, so I don't have to open my pack and do it manually. Also, in the same scenario, if I hit R it would then take 62 from the stack of 64 in my pack, and place them in my hand.

It is such a basic mod, but it is so helpful. I can't play without it.

http://inventory-tweaks.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

There is also a video somehwere that better shows it

That sounds great, i'll check this out later. If I get a backpack mod would that mess with this mod do you think?

It can. I stopped using them when 1.4.2 came out. They just got weird and clunky

Dave has talked me into it folks.

I am starting work on a new Server tonight when I get home.

This will be a hand painted world, created by me.

Well, I broke Worldpainter LOL

cvaMvML.png

It started pegging out and now it won't respond 

Those 4 spikes across all 4 cores, thats hysterical!

Can't even take screenshots of it to remember. Oh well, this is what I get for not saving often

I misclicked and ended up filling every valley and chasm below level 80 with water.

Then I tried to fix it real fast, and BAM dead

I don't have a clue what you're talking about but it sounds like you clicked the 'Noah' button! :)

LOLZ

Accurate as fuck!

Wonder if my PC would have gone back to normal if I had let it sit longer........

That sounds great, i'll check this out later. If I get a backpack mod would that mess with this mod do you think?

If you want to play 1.7.10 version, the Backpacks mod that uses Forge is actually amazing.

I can't lie. I have been tooling around in Resonant Rise while I work on this next server, and it is in that. It works perfectly.

I don't know how it combines with the Barrels mod though.

If you want to play 1.7.10 version, the Backpacks mod that uses Forge is actually amazing.

I can't lie. I have been tooling around in Resonant Rise while I work on this next server, and it is in that. It works perfectly.

I don't know how it combines with the Barrels mod though.

Sweet.:) I have Forge downloaded. I just don't know what I want yet.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Forge is what we used with the last forum server, right?  I think/guess I still have it.  All of this stuff confuses the shizzle out of me.  I pretty much just play vanilla wishing I could do some of this cool shit.  We need a night on Skype or something where someone can explain this shit to me and get me set up to use some mods.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Forge is what we used with the last forum server, right?  I think/guess I still have it.  All of this stuff confuses the shizzle out of me.  I pretty much just play vanilla wishing I could do some of this cool shit.  We need a night on Skype or something where someone can explain this shit to me and get me set up to use some mods.  

No

we used just Vanilla MC

If I do this with something like forge, then I will actually make it easier on everyone and setup some sort of modpack. So all you do is download it and you are done

MC version 1.7.10

Mods Musts:

Tree Capitator - From the point on the Tree you cut, the upper part will break apart. Axes take full damage from the Tree

Armor Status Hud - A Durablity Indicator for Armor and tools

Damage Indicators - How hard did you hit

Inventory Tweaks - One button sorting and restocking from backpack (Main backpack, not modded backpack)

NEI - Listing of all items in the game and recipes to make them

Mod Maybe's:

Artifacts - More Blocks, different worldgen, Custom recipes

Atum - An entire Desert/ Egyptian style dimention with mummies and shit

Backpack - Adds a fuckton of backpacks

Big Trees - Trees that are big.......

Biomes O Plenty - More Biomes, recipes, and blocks

Botania - Magical plants and farming with them.

Carpenters Blocks - More blocks and block recipes

Chisel - Custom carving on blocks

Craft Heraldry - Make Banners and shit!

Dense Ores - Turns 5% of the ore blocks in a chunk into a Dense ore, meaning it drops 3x as much as normal

Forbidden Magic - Magic mod

Hardcore Quest Mod - IDK about this one. I would have to custom write the quests, and thats a huge PITA

Fossils - Fossils, not sure the point of this one

Metallurgy 4 - More metals, different worldgen for handling of metals. Not really a fan of this iteration. 2 and 3 were better

Ruins - Who doesn't like ruins, I mean honestly

Statues - I have yet to find one yet, so I am not sure the deal lol

Thaumcraft - Main Magic mod, this has been around since Tekkit, its changed a lot though

WAILA - What Am I Looking At

Optifine - better FPS

This is what I am playing with so far.

I have had one crash, and I believe I found the problem and fixed it. But I can't promise anything

Once I have gone over all this, I will email the mod authors for permission to include it in a modpack

I've been playing on Tekkit.  I like it better than ATLauncher.  AT seems to have more junk that I don't need/want.  Tekkit is perfect for me.  I'm really enjoying playing on survival this time.  It adds a very fun element to the game.  It actually feels like a survival game.  I had to gather basic supplies, build a crude shelter, scavenge for more supplies, kill animals for food and clothing, scout the land, etc.  I love doing creative mode and just building to be creative, but I'm having a ball with this.

Quick question...  I haven't talked to Mike about this, but I know he plays a good amount of Minecraft too.  If I want to play in the same world as him, do we have to have a server, or can we just set up a world that allows other to play w/ us?  How exactly does multiplayer work?  Thanks!

I've been playing on Tekkit.  I like it better than ATLauncher.  AT seems to have more junk that I don't need/want.  Tekkit is perfect for me.  I'm really enjoying playing on survival this time.  It adds a very fun element to the game.  It actually feels like a survival game.  I had to gather basic supplies, build a crude shelter, scavenge for more supplies, kill animals for food and clothing, scout the land, etc.  I love doing creative mode and just building to be creative, but I'm having a ball with this.

Quick question...  I haven't talked to Mike about this, but I know he plays a good amount of Minecraft too.  If I want to play in the same world as him, do we have to have a server, or can we just set up a world that allows other to play w/ us?  How exactly does multiplayer work?  Thanks!

There are about 100+ modpacks for AT Launcher, just like with Tekkit. I would focus on finding the specific mods you like. Typically in NEI, when you look at a block it will also tell you what mod adds it into the modpack. So, don't rule AT Launcher out yet, all it does is deliver the modpack and manage it for you.

What modpack on Tekkit are you playing with?

What modpack on AT Launcher are you playing with?

If Mike is in a different location than you, then yea, you need to have a server, or at least find out if your ISP allows for you to run a server from your residential address. 

What modpack on Tekkit are you playing with?

What modpack on AT Launcher are you playing with?

If Mike is in a different location than you, then yea, you need to have a server, or at least find out if your ISP allows for you to run a server from your residential address. 

I'm using "The Official Tekkit Modpack"

Not sure about the ATLauncher, I haven't used it in a while.  I'm pretty sucked into the little world I've got going in Tekkit.  :)  

That stinks it requires a server.  I don't know shit about that.  Oh well...  Thanks for the info.