Minecraft 1.8

Sennex

So, I fell off of Minecraft pretty thoroughly for a few months there, and then BAM 1.8 hits me like a truck.

You can now better control the creation of your world using presets. There are a ton that are already inteh system, but through playing with the system, I have this one:

{"coordinateScale":450.0,"heightScale":1.0,"lowerLimitScale":1450.0,"upperLimitScale":1450.0,"depthNoiseScaleX":200.0,"depthNoiseScaleZ":200.0,"depthNoiseScaleExponent":0.5,"mainNoiseScaleX":1800.0,"mainNoiseScaleY":5000.0,"mainNoiseScaleZ":1800.0,"baseSize":9.275,"stretchY":4.005,"biomeDepthWeight":1.105,"biomeDepthOffset":0.01,"biomeScaleWeight":4.0,"biomeScaleOffset":0.01,"seaLevel":63,"useCaves":true,"useDungeons":true,"dungeonChance":10,"useStrongholds":true,"useVillages":true,"useMineShafts":true,"useTemples":true,"useMonuments":true,"useRavines":true,"useWaterLakes":true,"waterLakeChance":100,"useLavaLakes":true,"lavaLakeChance":100,"useLavaOceans":false,"fixedBiome":-1,"biomeSize":5,"riverSize":5,"dirtSize":33,"dirtCount":12,"dirtMinHeight":0,"dirtMaxHeight":256,"gravelSize":33,"gravelCount":12,"gravelMinHeight":0,"gravelMaxHeight":256,"graniteSize":33,"graniteCount":12,"graniteMinHeight":0,"graniteMaxHeight":255,"dioriteSize":33,"dioriteCount":12,"dioriteMinHeight":0,"dioriteMaxHeight":255,"andesiteSize":33,"andesiteCount":12,"andesiteMinHeight":0,"andesiteMaxHeight":255,"coalSize":17,"coalCount":25,"coalMinHeight":0,"coalMaxHeight":255,"ironSize":9,"ironCount":25,"ironMinHeight":0,"ironMaxHeight":255,"goldSize":9,"goldCount":8,"goldMinHeight":0,"goldMaxHeight":255,"redstoneSize":8,"redstoneCount":10,"redstoneMinHeight":0,"redstoneMaxHeight":255,"diamondSize":8,"diamondCount":8,"diamondMinHeight":0,"diamondMaxHeight":255,"lapisSize":7,"lapisCount":2,"lapisCenterHeight":125,"lapisSpread":100}

Ore generation is much more realistic, with Diamonds being found as high as there are mountains.

Rivers, and forests now have better setups, Gravel is more prolific as it should be. Stuff like that.

The best part about these presets, is it has ZERO to do with the Seed. So every time you create a new world, you can use the same preset, but the worlds will be different.

Mods:

Forge is now updated to 1.8, but it just got updated like the 28th of Dec. So don't expect much to be out there yet.

Some of the 1.7.10 mods will work, but expect bugs.

NEI and CodeChickenCore are both updated. 

Thats all I know at the moment though.

I hate to say it, but I have been itching to play some MC with folks on a server again. 

(I will update this when more mods update)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go into much detail, sorry for that.

Mods:

BSpkrs_Core - use the 1.59 version for MC 1.7.10

TreeCapitator - Use the latest 1.59 version for MC 1.7.10

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

that didnt' come out right.

I meant to say that diamonds will spawn at any height. Typically in groups of 4-6

Cool Story time:

The world where I first settled on the above presets; I had access to multiple diamond pipes before I had Iron to dig them out.

that didnt' come out right.

I meant to say that diamonds will spawn at any height. Typically in groups of 4-6

Cool Story time:

The world where I first settled on the above presets; I had access to multiple diamond pipes before I had Iron to dig them out.

That's a nice problem to have!  :D 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

That's a nice problem to have!   :D

This time around, it wasnt.

It took me forever to get Iron tools. Also, no monsters were spawning, as I had them turned off. So they were just in the way really.

Oh so diamonds spawn at any level before settings changes? I saw you can go into the custom editor but didn't know they done that anyway.

For shits and giggles, turn off or minimize all other ore and set iron and diamond to the max. The colours man....the colours.

If you happen to find a new server, hit me up Bart.

8mSoOel.png

Oh so diamonds spawn at any level before settings changes? I saw you can go into the custom editor but didn't know they done that anyway.

For shits and giggles, turn off or minimize all other ore and set iron and diamond to the max. The colours man....the colours.

If you happen to find a new server, hit me up Bart.

Will do Cal. Right now I haven't looked much as I keep debating on hosting my own, sadly, I don't really have the 15$ a month needed.

World Editting:

Yea, I have done that, add some Aquamarine into the mix and it gets really insane.

I really love the preset blob I posted above. It really ends up feeling like a real world. The biomes make sense most times, the mountains are huge, and the way rivers and lakes pop up is just awesome. At this point I don't think I will play on any world thats not built using that preset.

Will do Cal. Right now I haven't looked much as I keep debating on hosting my own, sadly, I don't really have the 15$ a month needed.

World Editting:

Yea, I have done that, add some Aquamarine into the mix and it gets really insane.

I really love the preset blob I posted above. It really ends up feeling like a real world. The biomes make sense most times, the mountains are huge, and the way rivers and lakes pop up is just awesome. At this point I don't think I will play on any world thats not built using that preset.

So that code/text you posted in the OP, how would I insert that into my own game?

8mSoOel.png

When you go to create your world, hit the world type button where you choose things like Amplified or Superflat.

I can't remember the text, but one of them is something like Customize.

Hit that, and then you will see a new screen, hit next till you get to the very last one.

There will be a text box at the top. Delete everything that is in it and then paste my code in there, Hit the Use Preset button (Or whatever it says) at the bottom and then create your world.

The nice thing about this is Minecraft stores the preset values, so once you paste my code in there, it will always be there, and you can use that preset again later. You still have to do all the other steps though to get MC to use that preset.

//Sorry I couldn't remember the exact button titles.

I've never actually played Minecraft, at least not on PC, I have it on my xbox but I only ever did some mucking around with my girlfriend in split screen mode. 

Is it worth getting on PC? I suppose I can't really call myself a PC master racer without it, hmmmmm :huh:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I started a new Single player world last night. Do you guys want some screenshots to see what it looks like with the preset above?

Uploading now.

I flew around so much, that I got lost, now I don't know where I was starting to build my house at LOL.

Oh well.

Also, I haven't found any decent Hill Biomes yet, so no diamonds to showcase, but there is so much coal around that I know the diamonds are there.

sqFGC8d.png

Pics like this make me want to play.  That little cave at the bottom of the lava fall, yeah, I HAVE to explore it.  I NEED to know what's in there.  Then, after I explored it, I'd build a castle on the top left of that mountain, in that little flat area.  The castle would have a dungeon that would lead down to the cave.  Yup, I'm playing Minecraft this week.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

There was a ton of coal in that cave, 3 seperate sections of it.  Other than that it came out the other side and that was it.

//caves demand to be explored

Deleted and started a new world this morning

Album of the spawn where I started, no particular order. Cheated for some flying to see what the hills looked like.

http://imgur.com/a/n0UMY

I added a bunch of mods that are 1.8 compatible:

Glass Shards - Break glass get scrap shards to melt in a furnace to remake the glass

Inventory Tweaks - cause I ahve to have my packs sorted or I will lose my shit

Ruins - Add's random ruins and mines to explore around the world

Code Chicken Core and NEI - Just a menu system that adds things like Magnet mode and some other easy UI stuff.

yea, in one of the pics you can see some water, and sort of make out what is a submerged wreck of a ship, 

I like ruins except for the random balloons you find floating, and sky castles.