How will I remember this generation of consoles?

- This is the first place that I've found out that my mom has slept with every angry 12 year old gamer in history.

On a more serious note though, I think I'll just remember how I basically grew up with the Xbox 360. I've met most of my gaming friends on it.

Repay her next week by talking to us on Skype/TeamSpeak when we play LoL.  :D

Yeahh, I should. It just bothers me that I always try and be quiet for her but she can be so inconsiderate sometimes. She bursted through the door, came into my room, turned MY PS3 on, grabbed MY IPod charging cord and plugged it into MY PS3, then proceeds to basically yell the whole time she's talking to this guy. It really rubbed me the wrong way.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Ah, the brit with the smoothest voice ever. x)

Great puns, too.

I was gonna post this when it first came out, but I never got around to it.

This generation holds special meaning to me.

It was the very 1st time I ever used the internet.

Great times while it lasted! :D

DM9ON.png

Mike.  Have you ever confronted her on her behavior?  Do it respectfully, but let her know how she is being disrespectful to you.  You don't deserve that man. 

For me, this generation of consoles will be remembered as the console that got me playing multiplayer games.  The social aspect is what stands out to me the most.  Xbox Live party chat.  DI.  Even NoobzZz.  I'm an introvert, so it was a hard step for me to take.  But, yeah, this gen = social gaming for me. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Yeahh, I should. It just bothers me that I always try and be quiet for her but she can be so inconsiderate sometimes. She bursted through the door, came into my room, turned MY PS3 on, grabbed MY IPod charging cord and plugged it into MY PS3, then proceeds to basically yell the whole time she's talking to this guy. It really rubbed me the wrong way.

Is the Cap'n gonna have to Tiny-Toilet-Of-Truth a b*tch?

/I kid!

DM9ON.png

Mike. Have you ever confronted her on her behavior? Do it respectfully, but let her know how she is being disrespectful to you. You don't deserve that man.

For me, this generation of consoles will be remembered as the console that got me playing multiplayer games. The social aspect is what stands out to me the most. Xbox Live party chat. DI. Even NoobzZz. I'm an introvert, so it was a hard step for me to take. But, yeah, this gen = social gaming for me.

She was gonna start singing! So I turned out the light and she got the message, now she's talking on the steps and I can finally try and sleep. I usually confront her in the morning in front of her father and she giggles and apologizes. It doesn't seem to get through her head though. I have a hard time telling someone that's not my child what to do. She's 14 going on 15.

Anyways, totally agree with you on multiplayer! CoD W@W was my first multiplayer experience.

Sent from my DROID4

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

She was gonna start singing! So I turned out the light and she got the message, now she's talking on the steps and I can finally try and sleep. I usually confront her in the morning in front of her father and she giggles and apologizes. It doesn't seem to get through her head though. I have a hard time telling someone that's not my child what to do. She's 14 going on 15.

Anyways, totally agree with you on multiplayer! CoD W@W was my first multiplayer experience.

Sent from my DROID4

You confronting her infront of her Dad probably seems more like you're tattling on her.  You're going down to her level in her mind.  "oooh, he's telling on me in front of my dad, lol, I'll show him."

Try approaching her as one adult to another.  Talk to her how you would another adult.  Explain to her in private that you feel like she's being very disrespectful to you and you don't appreciate it.  Flip the situation and ask her how she would feel if you did x, y, and z.  See how that approach goes. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Even NoobzZz.

Aside from meeting some of my best gaming friends in that clan.. God damn, that clan was such a drama filled nightmare. I mean, we were all under 16 basically. But man, I miss the days of Michael Myers and random quickscope games. And making Megan rage.

PS3 was the first console I ever owned. I deliberatly chose the PS3 because it had a Blu-Ray DVD but primarily as my son had an Xbox 360 :)

I'd played PC games inthe past, mainly strategy based, the old school early Doom and some C&C but I was determined to master (lol "master" 0.7'ish K/D :) ) a FPS after failing dismally on my son's Xbox and being gently derided for being unable to negotiate my way out of a corner in the training school !!

But the main thing I'll remember the PS3 for is the number of friends I've made through gaming on it, and this associated forum, a great bunch of characters, especially my first "virtual" friends Gary and Mazzer.

Game on, PS3 :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Online.

Like others have said, I have met some wonderful friends. Never did I think I could be good friends with people over the internet but the introduction of accessible online gaming has made it all possible. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have even made it to this forum. 

Here's hoping the next generation can do even better  :)

Kia Ora.