Why not?

BO7H B4RRELS

Yes

To expand on this:  Yeah, it's very popular.   

"Riot reports that 27 million people play the game daily, while concurrent players peak at 7.5M. In total, 67 million players play the game every month."

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played the tutorials a bit, it's actually pretty easy to pick up the basics, I've just been shooting my bow quite a lot so far. I'll probably have another go with a different character later :)

YES!  :)  

That's awesome that you tried it out.  Ashe (the girl w/ the bow you played in the tutorial) is only one type of Champion.  She's called a Marksman/ADC (Attack Damage Carry).  She's pretty decent, but not the greatest.  Every champion is so different and many can be played multiple ways.  Ashe and other Marksmen typically go to the bottom lane w/ a support Champion.  Mages/Assassins tend to go the mid lane, and tanks/bruisers/fighters go to the top lane.  And, then you've got a jungler that roams and ganks the other lanes.  That's the basic meta, but there are a lot of ways to play.  Try out different roles/Champions until you find what fits you.  I'm sure that will change over time too.  My point is, there are many ways to play.  :)  Have fun! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

hqdefault.jpg

Return to the light Dave, your Steam account will auto-destruct if you leave it much longer, but we are all-forgiving here in the land of the free and the decent graphics and ting.

Repent and renounce your false idol, and buy me a pint while you're it ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

YES!   :)

That's awesome that you tried it out.  Ashe (the girl w/ the bow you played in the tutorial) is only one type of Champion.  She's called a Marksman/ADC (Attack Damage Carry).  She's pretty decent, but not the greatest.  Every champion is so different and many can be played multiple ways.  Ashe and other Marksmen typically go to the bottom lane w/ a support Champion.  Mages/Assassins tend to go the mid lane, and tanks/bruisers/fighters go to the top lane.  And, then you've got a jungler that roams and ganks the other lanes.  That's the basic meta, but there are a lot of ways to play.  Try out different roles/Champions until you find what fits you.  I'm sure that will change over time too.  My point is, there are many ways to play.   :)  Have fun! 

Cheers Tommy, I'll be having a few more practices this week, then maybe we can have a go together next week at some point if you're up for it. My username is Phil1882

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yes, that would be why. My name is CommanderUndies!

Which region are you based in? I tried to log into the North American one and it looks like I need to create a new username to play in another region. I'll check further but that's not a problem.

Quality username BTW :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Which region are you based in? I tried to log into the North American one and it looks like I need to create a new username to play in another region. I'll check further but that's not a problem.

Quality username BTW :)

NA, you probably have to make another account to play NA though. I know a few members here have NA accounts to play with Tommy and I. And thank you :)

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Garen is a fairly simple, straightforward Champion. He is still one of my favorites. He can get super tanky amd still do decent damage. Glad you're enjoying it.

Try browsing a few guides and videos for the Champions you enjoy.

Soooooo....I had my first online game of LoL.

I had a couple of aborted efforts over the weekend. I was trying to get into all human games and the waits to find a game were too long.

Last night I tried the humans v bots mode and got into a game immediately.

We were defeated and one of my fellow players (summoners?) left the game early (which contributed to the defeat). It was close though...I kept switching lanes too much, I died about 7 times lol.

What did I learn? I learned that I need to be a little more careful and not put myself in a position where I take a lot of damage with not enough time to escape and heal.

I was playing as Garan, I like pressing E and getting him in to spin around with his sword, it's the only thing I managed to max out during the game.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Soooooo....I had my first online game of LoL.

I had a couple of aborted efforts over the weekend. I was trying to get into all human games and the waits to find a game were too long.

Last night I tried the humans v bots mode and got into a game immediately.

We were defeated and one of my fellow players (summoners?) left the game early (which contributed to the defeat). It was close though...I kept switching lanes too much, I died about 7 times lol.

What did I learn? I learned that I need to be a little more careful and not put myself in a position where I take a lot of damage with not enough time to escape and heal.

I was playing as Garan, I like pressing E and getting him in to spin around with his sword, it's the only thing I managed to max out during the game.

A few tips:

Early game, minions do a lot of damage to you.  So, if you attack an enemy Champion, you draw the aggro of the minions, which hurts.  

Early game is all about sustaining and last hitting minions.  Build that gold up to buy better items for bigger stat advantages against your enemy.  

You mentioned switching lanes "too much."  That's not really a bad thing.  Sometimes waves of minions build up, and you need to go farm them before they take our your towers.  Especially if you were down a man like you said, you'll need to rotate lanes.  I generally push my lane into the enemy tower early on, then roam to another lane to help gank the enemy to help my teammates who are struggling.  There's also "split-pushing" which you'll learn about later.  But, that involves a lot of lane hopping and pushing.  

As for Garen, I usually start with one point in his Q.  His Q silences enemies and it gives him a movement speed boost.  So, you can use it to last hit minions, silence/damage the enemy champion, and use it as a gap closer or an escape.  Then, with 1 point in Q, start maxing E.  E is where you do all of your major damage.  I'd get a single point in your W after you get 2 points in your E.  W mitigates damages, so it's really nice if you time it right.  

Just stick with Players vs Bots for now.  Once you've got your feet under you, then go into PvP.  

A few tips:

Early game, minions do a lot of damage to you.  So, if you attack an enemy Champion, you draw the aggro of the minions, which hurts.  

Early game is all about sustaining and last hitting minions.  Build that gold up to buy better items for bigger stat advantages against your enemy.  

You mentioned switching lanes "too much."  That's not really a bad thing.  Sometimes waves of minions build up, and you need to go farm them before they take our your towers.  Especially if you were down a man like you said, you'll need to rotate lanes.  I generally push my lane into the enemy tower early on, then roam to another lane to help gank the enemy to help my teammates who are struggling.  There's also "split-pushing" which you'll learn about later.  But, that involves a lot of lane hopping and pushing.  

As for Garen, I usually start with one point in his Q.  His Q silences enemies and it gives him a movement speed boost.  So, you can use it to last hit minions, silence/damage the enemy champion, and use it as a gap closer or an escape.  Then, with 1 point in Q, start maxing E.  E is where you do all of your major damage.  I'd get a single point in your W after you get 2 points in your E.  W mitigates damages, so it's really nice if you time it right.  

Just stick with Players vs Bots for now.  Once you've got your feet under you, then go into PvP.  

Thanks for the advice Tommy, that's really appreciated :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg