Why not?

BO7H B4RRELS

I wish that more of us played League of Legends.  There are only a handful of us on here that play.  It can be such a fun game that requires good teamwork, coordination, and communication.  Things a lot of us value in multiplayer games.  It doesn't require a super computer to play.  Most people I've introduced to League say that it's fun and they like it, but a majority of them never come back.  It seems that only a few stick around and continue to play.  

I would love to get a team of 5 going.  I think it could be a lot of fun.  We would probably get wrecked at first, but learning and getting better is a lot of fun too.  

For those of you who have played it, what about it didn't you like?  Why do you not play it more often?

For those of you who have never played it, why not? 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

League is like my new CoD. ARAMS that is. It's quick. I don't have to play super long games and it can feel very rewarding.

Exactly.  I love ARAM.  I still play Summoners Rift when I have time, but ARAM is quick and easy.  I unlocked Lissandra the other day, wow!  She's amazing.  So much fun, especially in ARAM.  

Do you have any insight in why people don't give LoL a chance?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Exactly.  I love ARAM.  I still play Summoners Rift when I have time, but ARAM is quick and easy.  I unlocked Lissandra the other day, wow!  She's amazing.  So much fun, especially in ARAM.  

Do you have any insight in why people don't give LoL a chance?  

I didn't want to make an LoL account because there was so many Champions to learn and so many different builds. I didn't want to put the time into learning everything. But talking to people who play the game helped. I sucked with Cassiopeia when I got her and I got a penta with her the other night. I couldn't have done that without help. So if people don't want to make an account because of learning things, it's really not that difficult. Especially, if you have us here to help you. I find Summoners Rift, the main game to be boring. The only thing exciting about Summoners Rift is watching ranked games. ARAMS are quick and full of fights. While it might be unbalanced at times, such is life. Get over it, and who knows, you might just win.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Oh and people see all the champions and they get baffled because there are so many to learn. I only have like 40 champions. I'm still far away from having them. But all 40 champions I have learned. I've only bought champions I was comfortable with or have a good time with. I won't spend my IP on a champion I don't know how to play. I play them when they are free, if I don't like them, I don't buy them. If I like them, I save up for them. I wouldn't buy a champion bundle, because I'm not playing with champions I don't enjoy. So really, you pick what you want to learn.

I think the community sucks, but not the whole community. I'd like to be one of those people that actually help people instead of saying 'Your Mom'. And if you guys decide to play with us, you won't have to hear from the shit community anyways. You can turn off the enemy team chat and call it a day.

I despised ARAMs which was a favorite of yours and Mike's. I would compare it to TDM vs DOM in cod. 

I didn't really have time to learn all of the champs which is helpful to be able to counter and play them.

My hands are far to large for a keyboard game and I often end up touching several keys simultaneously because othe the command proximity which made it next to impossible to play it quickly

I think the community sucks, but not the whole community. I'd like to be one of those people that actually help people instead of saying 'Your Mom'. And if you guys decide to play with us, you won't have to hear from the shit community anyways. You can turn off the enemy team chat and call it a day.

This is what got me thinking about this thread.  We have the potential to have several people playing this and put together a team (casual or competitive).  Playing with friends is SOOOOOOO much better.  Using something like TeamSpeak or eve Skype, actually talking tactics while playing and coordinating is so much fun.  I've been in a few 5 man teams and it was insanely fun.  I wish we could do that more.  

I despised ARAMs which was a favorite of yours and Mike's. I would compare it to TDM vs DOM in cod. 

I didn't really have time to learn all of the champs which is helpful to be able to counter and play them.

My hands are far to large for a keyboard game and I often end up touching several keys simultaneously because othe the command proximity which made it next to impossible to play it quickly

I'm down for ARAM or Summoners Rift anytime.  I like both equally.  I just play more ARAM b/c it's quicker.  ARAM is a great way to learn the different champs too.  You can play/learn at the same time.  You don't need to learn all the champs and then play the game.  You learn as you go.  

I'm not buying the big hand thing.  I've got big paws too and I manage to do just fine.  You really only need about 6 keys (QWER and DF).  You can change the button layout to anything you want.  I have several buttons mapped to my mouse.  

With games like this; if I don't get my foot in the door from day one; I feel like I'm lagging behind everyone else and have too much catching up to do. I've been wanting to get into the likes of LoL and DOTA2 for a while but just finding the time and determination to learn a whole new game and it's features can be tricky. I've played games before where I'm late to the party and just end up being clueless and useless. Lol is highly regarded so hopefully I'll be able to get into it and have some basic knowledge very soon but sometimes the prospect of other games on offer especially on PC just tempts me the other way. Hopefully we can get summat going soon and I'll do a bit of research to get some understanding. 

With games like this; if I don't get my foot in the door from day one; I feel like I'm lagging behind everyone else and have too much catching up to do. I've been wanting to get into the likes of LoL and DOTA2 for a while but just finding the time and determination to learn a whole new game and it's features can be tricky. I've played games before where I'm late to the party and just end up being clueless and useless. Lol is highly regarded so hopefully I'll be able to get into it and have some basic knowledge very soon but sometimes the prospect of other games on offer especially on PC just tempts me the other way. Hopefully we can get summat going soon and I'll do a bit of research to get some understanding. 

The best way to learn is to play ;)  

Seriously.  There's a tutorial to walk you through the basics (it's very boring, but it teaches you the basics).  There are bot and private games so you can learn w/o the pressure of a team relying on you.  It's very simple to get the basics down, but it's difficult to master.  Extremely difficult.  Feel free to sign up for a free account and play with me or Mike sometime.  I have no problem playing a game of bots to teach you some basics.  

The best way to learn is to play ;)

Seriously.  There's a tutorial to walk you through the basics (it's very boring, but it teaches you the basics).  There are bot and private games so you can learn w/o the pressure of a team relying on you.  It's very simple to get the basics down, but it's difficult to master.  Extremely difficult.  Feel free to sign up for a free account and play with me or Mike sometime.  I have no problem playing a game of bots to teach you some basics.  

Many thanks for that Tommy! I will do indeed :)

I'm max level and I still hear people say, "I've never played this champion", including myself. So max level people still have learning to do. They keep releasing new champions too. So someone always has to learn something. While people make secondary accounts, or even third accounts, there are real noobs out there. You will play with people on level 1, not level 30. Playing against bots will help you understand the dynamics of the game.

Every holiday they temporarily release a new game mode or bring back a game mode and it's the same thing. "What do I do?", "I have no idea what I'm doing.", "Can someone explain to me what to do?". So if you jump on playing the game mode day one, you will be one up on them!

I don't play it, because I know this is the sort of game that if I do start playing it will take over my life. That's why I haven't played Skyrim or Oblivion yet, though I own both.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I don't play it, because I know this is the sort of game that if I do start playing it will take over my life. That's why I haven't played Skyrim or Oblivion yet, though I own both.

Well if you aren't going to play Destiny anymore you must start Skyrim. It's amazing.

I wish that more of us played League of Legends.  There are only a handful of us on here that play.  It can be such a fun game that requires good teamwork, coordination, and communication.  Things a lot of us value in multiplayer games.  It doesn't require a super computer to play.  Most people I've introduced to League say that it's fun and they like it, but a majority of them never come back.  It seems that only a few stick around and continue to play.  

I would love to get a team of 5 going.  I think it could be a lot of fun.  We would probably get wrecked at first, but learning and getting better is a lot of fun too.  

For those of you who have played it, what about it didn't you like?  Why do you not play it more often?

For those of you who have never played it, why not? 

I really liked the game, but I like Smite more. And for some reason i can only play one MOBA at a time haha.

I've tried Smite and Dota2, but neither of them felt right for me.  I guess because I started with LoL.  Smite is cool though, I really like the view/perspective in that game.  It's just weird starting a new MOBA.  I can't imagine playing more than one either, it would be too confusing for me.  

So, it seems like most people feel the community sucks ass and it takes too much time to learn/get good at.  Those are both valid arguments.  It just sucks because I know how much fun it is playing in full parties.  Hell, just playing with Mike and I is a blast.  I'd love to play some private matches w/ group chat.  We'd have a ball.  Oh well...  

Thanks for replying guys.

I've tried Smite and Dota2, but neither of them felt right for me.  I guess because I started with LoL.  Smite is cool though, I really like the view/perspective in that game.  It's just weird starting a new MOBA.  I can't imagine playing more than one either, it would be too confusing for me.  

So, it seems like most people feel the community sucks ass and it takes too much time to learn/get good at.  Those are both valid arguments.  It just sucks because I know how much fun it is playing in full parties.  Hell, just playing with Mike and I is a blast.  I'd love to play some private matches w/ group chat.  We'd have a ball.  Oh well...  

Thanks for replying guys.

Yeah that's my problem, I would love to play LoL but I can't swap between the two different types of controls/views.

Might be a bit late replying to this but the main reason I stopped playing LoL was due to most of my friends playing Dota 2 instead. I also happen to like Dota more just because I feel like there is a lot more ways to win and ways to change a teamfight. I do play LoL on random occasions though, if I could remember my details for my NA account I would definitely enjoy playing with you guys. 

The community does really suck though, when I play as soon as someone says a negative comment I just mute them because I can't be bothered, and I play whatever I feel like now in terms of champion - I will fill the role I need to play and try but wont pick the 'best' champions like some team mates think are necessary.

Like others have said the learning curve isn't actually too bad in LoL, it is definitely really weird at first if you are coming from FPS games and such but once you get used to moving around with the birds eye view it doesn't take too long. Dota 2 is much more hardcore which is why when I was learning MOBAs I went to LoL from Dota 2 but as I got better I found myself moving back to Dota 2. 

Kia Ora. 

I've never played any of these types of games, what's the craic?

It's a new year and I'm expanding my electronic horizons, at least that's the plan. I downloaded DOTA2 before seeing this thread but I haven't tried it yet.

Is LoL still popular?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg