The Interview

McNasty

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/12/17/us-government-saw-interview-approved-theaters-upping-security/

I find this movie distasteful. Not sure how something like this gets released, it's just bad form in my opinion. Nevertheless, this is pretty interesting how North Korea has responded. Did Sony not see something like this coming? It's not all that surprising to me

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This movie is a step too far and should never have been commissioned. I don't think any country in the world would appreciate seeing their leader being mocked in such a fashion even if it is for comedy. They probably should have gone down the fictional route with a slapstick spin or gone historical as opposed to focusing on a current leader of a very dangerous and secretive country whilst adding a certain element of realism and dumbing down a very powerful person for financial gain outside of that country.

Nope, it's Team America World Police I'm thinking of. Both comedies, both involve the killing of North Korea's leader, mentioned by name, neither meant to be taken seriously. What's the difference? I don't remember the furor around Team America.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

This movie is a step too far and should never have been commissioned. I don't think any country in the world would appreciate seeing their leader being mocked in such a fashion even if it is for comedy. They probably should have gone down the fictional route with a slapstick spin or gone historical as opposed to focusing on a current leader of a very dangerous and secretive country whilst adding a certain element of realism and dumbing down a very powerful person for financial gain outside of that country.

I think a lot of Brits would love seeing this about David Cameron  :lol:

I honestly think there's worse stuff that gets made fun of on a regular basis than this, though a fictional leader could have been used.

Nope, it's Team America World Police I'm thinking of. Both comedies, both involve the killing of North Korea's leader, mentioned by name, neither meant to be taken seriously. What's the difference? I don't remember the furor around Team America.

this is exactly what i came to say.  i remember none of the current hysteria when that shitty movie came out.  it's more complicated then simply depicting the death of a world leader -- The Interview got shut down not because of its content, but because the opposition to the movie is considered a credible threat due to the hack.  (whether that was justified or not would be a much more interesting discussion.)

I think the difference is because even though they are both comedies the team America one was done with animated figures/puppets whatever you want to call them, so that style just comes off as being ridiculous and hard to take seriously. The movie the Interview is taken a bit more serious because it's actual actors. Basically what I'm saying is the message is the same, but due too method of delivery one is taken more serious than other other.

With that said....it's James Franco and Seth Rogan so is anyone really surprised that they came out with something stupid? Both those guys are no talent childish morons IMO.

Sony to release The Interview online

Sony Pictures is to distribute its film The Interview online, after a cyber-attack and a row over its release.

The film will be offered on a dedicated website - seetheinterview.com - as well as via Google and Microsoft services.

Sony had previously pulled the film, whose plot centres on a plan to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

The decision to cancel screenings had been criticised by US President Barack Obama.

Since then, several hundred independent cinemas across the US have come forward offering to show the title.

The digital deal will mean the film is available through Google services YouTube and Play, and Microsoft's Xbox Video platform.

"It has always been Sony's intention to have a national platform on which to release this film," said Michael Lynton, chairman and chie executive of Sony Entertainment, in a statement.

"With that in mind, we reached out to Google, Microsoft and other partners last Wednesday, December 17th, when it became clear our initial release plans were not possible.

"We are pleased we can now join with our partners to offer the film nation-wide today."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30599836

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork