GTA V on PS4

TigerBurge

So is anyone planning on or already have this on PS4? I'm considering getting it mainly to play with Chip but the heist sounds really fun. I would love to have more people to play with.

Cal get a PS4 now!!!!!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aiming for a PS4 in January and it'll be the GTA bundle. 

Jsin, although yes, you play a bad guy. It's entirely possible to play the game without killing civilians and other players. There's a mode called 'passive' which turns you into a ghost. You can't harm other players and they can't harm you. All you need to do from there is play missions and races and such. That's the only real way to make money anyway.

Granted, there are some missions where you need to take out a bunch of Jurors but for the most part, you're killing scumbags.

If you don't like stealing cars, you can save up and buy your own. You honestly don't have to kill civilians and if you get into a police chase. You can either just let your character die or think "fuck it" and go out fighting.

I could play this game for months just using the racing part of it. Even rent it and try it with an open mind man.

8mSoOel.png

I have the game on the PS4 and it's still really good fun. The step-up in terms of visuals is fantastic and the first person mode adds a new dimension to the gameplay although the mechanics are difficult when driving. Rockstar will be expanding and supporting the MP long into the future so it's a viable purchase even if you have no desire to sift through the story again. The game is fairly light-hearted compared to previous GTA's. I think people are over the GTA 'sickening' stigma of past and now fully appreciate how significant this brand is to the industry and how much fun there is to be had with it. 

Just thinking about it I wasn't going to stump up for this again but it actually gives me something to trade advanced warfare in for.

What pisses me off is if I'd known it was to be released on ps4 I would have waited for it.

It seems I can transfer my previous game, but think I'd probably run story again anyway.

That's fair enough I would want to do story again.

One question is it just the game or is there dlc to buy also?

The PS4 version is the the same as the old gen except for the enhancements and first person mode. All the DLC so far (I think) has been free but it's all been for the MP. Heists and future content will also be free but I've seen rumours that the main game will have paid DLC sometime in the future amounting to a new story within San Andreas. Bit like what they did with The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony for GTA IV. 

No special price Pat :( and Gary, the only transferable save is your online character

I went back and did a search. Turns out a number of retailers were doing that if you brought your old game in. You can already do that Ebgames or Gamespot if it's the disk version. 

Has there been any problems with online I've seen a few reviews that haven't been that flattering, I know I got a little bored of the online on ps3 but I was hoping it had moved on enough and had more content added after a year to increase its lifespan.

Ballad of Gay Tony is the game IV should have been in my opinion. It was absolutely fabulous hahaha

Only just seen this comment now as the thread has been bumped up but I completely agree Cal!

I really didn't enjoy the base game of GTA IV - annoying characters, some lackluster missions and a really drab backdrop but The Ballad of Gay Tony was a really humorous and colourful addition with enjoyable missions and a likable cast.

Hope GTA V also gets an additional story campaign on top of what was already a great narrative :)  

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/gta_5/news/our_gta_5_ps4_review_goes_live_11am_monday.html

Hey who is the brunette model in Grand theft auto 5 that is blowing me a kiss? The real chick is going to be a bombshell. Anyone know? I've looked everywhere but I can't find squat only about the blonde that's not Kate Upton.