LoL Help Thread

Cassidy

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread kind of like this. Anyone who has any questions about the game, counters for some champions, best builds for certain situations, and just any question at all pertaining to League of Legends can posted here. I'm pretty sure that someone will know the answer to your question.

So post away.

For some good builds, you can check these sites out:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/browse

I take it you're talking about Ziggs, seeing how you play him quite a bit. So what you're going to want to do is start out with

1x Crystalline Flask

1x Faerie Charm

2x Health Potions

You'll need that to be able to stay in lane longer. Which will give you more gold and exp, than if you just have to constantly recall. While you're in your lane, try to stay there until about 1,300ish gold. Then you can recall. On that recall, what you'll buy will be dependent on how your laning is going so far. So if you're getting hit for a lot, and can't return much damage back, i'd recommend buying the ​Chalice of Harmony. If you're doing good defensively, feel free to buy the Blasting Wand. You'll also want to buy your first boots to work up to the Sorcerers boots.

Feel free to check this link out. It'll probably help you find the best build for the champions your looking for. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=34629-zakkery-ziggs-build-guide

Mobo has been fine for me.  Sure, anyone can post a guide, but they're listed in order of "likes" basically.  Only the most popular ones are on the top.  

True, the only time you might get a bad time is if you just do a quick google search. I did one on Varus when I first started and wasn't paying attention and just assumed it was a decent guide because it was one of the first searches. The reason it was one of the first is because it was made so recently. It wasn't very good once I started playing a little more and learning a little more.

Still pissed off I can't get IP/XP from custom games anymore :( Sometimes when I had stuff going on or might have to log at any given time I would play a custom and if I coudln't finish it was no big deal. I wonder how many leavers in games will happen now.

Still pissed off I can't get IP/XP from custom games anymore :( Sometimes when I had stuff going on or might have to log at any given time I would play a custom and if I coudln't finish it was no big deal. I wonder how many leavers in games will happen now.

I think Riot is really shooting themselves in the foot with this move.  This will kill off a lot of their casual fan base.  Hopefully enough people will bitch and they'll change it back.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I think Riot is really shooting themselves in the foot with this move.  This will kill off a lot of their casual fan base.  Hopefully enough people will bitch and they'll change it back.  

I'm hoping so too. I liked to test out free champs in custom games in case I really hated them and didn't want to finish a game with them. I would never leave in even a bot game because I hate leavers but there are champs I've tried and hated and didn't want to put up with playing them for 40 minutes.

I don't mind if they lower it I just think it was dumb to completely shut it down even though there was a time limit on how much you could play it a day. Make a max exp/ip and call it good, don't completely shut it down.

For AP Mid though, you can also commonly start with a Doran's ring and rush a Rabadons. That's what I do, as well as a lot of other players. Then you do your build according to what the enemy team comp is.

This is what I was doing in the past.  Doran's ring, then Rabadons Cap. 

Lately I've been starting with a Crystalline Flask.  It's great for sustaining mid longer than your enemy. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

This is what I was doing in the past.  Doran's ring, then Rabadons Cap. 

Lately I've been starting with a Crystalline Flask.  It's great for sustaining mid longer than your enemy. 

that's true, but if you just stay passive and try to last hit, you shouldn't be taking much poke. :P and the doran's ring helps with mana regen so you can spam your poke more.

I often play a little too aggressive, so having the health/mana is great for me.  But, you're right... IF I played more passive, that would be just fine.  I tend to go after the enemy mid lane pretty early and keep him back while I last hit. 

I personally prefer starting with this if I am going for a farming lane with an AP mid

1x Faerie Charm

5x Health Potion

and either

1x Sight Ward + 1x Mana Potion

or

3x Mana Potion

The potions give you 750 health and depending on whether you purchase sight ward it also gives 300 or 100 mana. Compared to the crystalline flask which only gives you 360 health and 180 mana. Obviously the flask refills once you back but I prefer the potion build as you can sustain in lane much longer without backing. 

If I am going aggressive I prefer this build

1x Doran Ring

2x Health Potion 

The increased ability power gives you more kill potential which is excellent on assassins. 

____

Also, a tip for when dueling. Don't pop your potion after the battle, use it during. This means you can potentially have 150 extra health over the course of the battle depending on how long it lasts. The detriment of trades will also decrease as you are immediately healing rather than having to wait. 

Kia Ora. 

Also, a tip for when dueling. Don't pop your potion after the battle, use it during. This means you can potentially have 150 extra health over the course of the battle depending on how long it lasts. The detriment of trades will also decrease as you are immediately healing rather than having to wait. 

This is something I've been trying to get better at.  I have always used them to recover from battle, but I'm trying to learn to use them to sustain the battle.  It's tricky.  I'm pretty clumbsy with the keyboard, so it's hard for me to time it out right, but I'm getting better.

This is something I've been trying to get better at.  I have always used them to recover from battle, but I'm trying to learn to use them to sustain the battle.  It's tricky.  I'm pretty clumbsy with the keyboard, so it's hard for me to time it out right, but I'm getting better.

Took me a while to get used to also. But it really does make a difference in those fights where it comes down to 100hp.

How do Items work?

For example spirit visage seems to be built from 

Specter Cowl which is build from ruby crystal and megatron cloak  + 

Kindlegem which is built from ruby crystal

Does that mean that I can buy ruby initial to build it and it will be cheaper?

Do I need to ruby and the other stuff so I can build this?

Do I get the benefit all of those items by buying spirit visage?

I don't get why brake down the stuff the way they do

Always buy the items that build into the larger items.  So in your example, yeah, buy the ruby.  I don't think it saves you any money really, it just subtracts the cost of the ruby from the spirit visage.  You don't get the benefits of each individual item at the end, just the final one, which is usually better than any of the previous ones.  But, you get the little benefits of the smaller items as you build into the bigger items.  

You don't have to buy the smaller items to get the bigger one.  It's just a way to have some of the smaller benefits while you're saving up gold to get the bigger one.  But it's not required.  

Be sure to check which items have passive abilities and active abilities.  You'll need to hit the designated number key to activate the ones with active abilities.  

I'm not real good at explaining things, so ask again if I didn't make that any clearer.  

Does anyone know where item lists are saved? I wanted to copy over the ones I did on my desktop to my laptop and can't seem to find them

When the items sets were first released they were only saved locally. They said they were planning on expanding to make it client-based but I am guessing they haven't gotten around to it. 

'Does this save to my account?

Currently, item sets will only save to your local machine, but we want to get server-side saving to you soon. We know that this will be much better for players when they can use the feature across multiple computers, and we're working to deliver that. The server-side version will take some time since it requires additional platform work, and we want to make sure we don't impact service stability. '

Kia Ora. 

I found it. It's in one of the directories as a config file for your champ. Search for your champs name and you will find it. I'll post the directory later when I can. Just copy the file over and you will have it all. You other options are also saved under those options.