Star Citizen

BO7H B4RRELS

PTU 2.0 was a game changing update for me, I've actually been spending a lot more time on Star Citizen over the past month.

2.1 drops today and I hope fixes some of the crashing I've been experiencing.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15157-Star-Citizen-Alpha-21-Available

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So yeah, 2.1 has made the game a lot more stable. Really starting to feel my pilot skills coming on now and taking out A.I. hostiles is pretty straightforward.

There's now a few tasks to do and a couple of investigations in far away systems. One of which you have to explore an isolated outpost for a woman who's husband died in mysterious circumstances.

You have to exit your spacecraft, manoeuvre into the abandoned facility to find a trail of messages. Really creepy mission.

I've got a fairly basic ship, fast and carries cargo but also has some pretty fine fixed lasers that do a lot of damage.

Still early days with this one but the fact that I keep loading it up says a lot.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I think I still have access to this game. I should check it out again. Sadly I remember not really enjoying it last time I was in it.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Well this furmly blows no man sky landings out of the water. The first 12 minutes are brilliant.

Star Citizen 3.0 Gameplay

There's now 4/5 planets to travel and trade to in the 3.0 version. When this finally comes out I could be convinced to get a PC.

On 20/08/2016 at 6:13 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Well this furmly blows no man sky landings out of the water. The first 12 minutes are brilliant.

Star Citizen 3.0 Gameplay

There's now 4/5 planets to travel and trade to in the 3.0 version. When this finally comes out I could be convinced to get a PC.

Great to hear Lee, just about to stick this on and watch it. 

Cheers for the link!

What's amusing for me is all the little sly digs at No Man's Sky from Chris Roberts in various interviews. I knew he was the kind of man who can't help himself from smirking.

Waiting for patch 2.5 currently and the rest of this year is looking awesome.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 24/08/2016 at 1:17 PM, phil bottle said:

What's amusing for me is all the little sly digs at No Man's Sky from Chris Roberts in various interviews. I knew he was the kind of man who can't help himself from smirking.

Waiting for patch 2.5 currently and the rest of this year is looking awesome.

:lol: When your game looks that good it must be hard not to smirk.

Latest patch puts a monstrous 3-deck spaceship into the game. The patch has other updates around animations to things like spacesuit punctures.

Really hope this game can deliver the 3.0 version. This would make me seriously sort my lack of non-PC out.

3.0 release June 29th @phil bottle!

Below vid also teases release 3.1 and 3.2.

Great to read they have an agile sprint way of working which is why they deliver small multiple drops regularly and successfully. 

The plan to bring all the different strands together will make or break this game.
It's come a long way so far and I have no doubt they'll pull it off. Won't go to plan, few things do in game development, but when it does...it will be epic.
I get asked to test new iterations on the test servers before they go live so I'll be hoping to get on even earlier.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The plan to bring all the different strands together will make or break this game.
It's come a long way so far and I have no doubt they'll pull it off. Won't go to plan, few things do in game development, but when it does...it will be epic.
I get asked to test new iterations on the test servers before they go live so I'll be hoping to get on even earlier.

How much have you paid for it so far Phil? Can you still sign up now for a cost and get access?

Silly me thought he'd already replied to this.

For about £35 now you get instant access to the universe and a half decent starter ship.

It's all starting to come together. Working with Amazon, developing it's own version of the Amazon Lumberyard engine and using Amazon's servers as an awesome move.

I jump in at least maybe once a week to keep my piloting skills up to scratch.

Can't wait to play this with you Lee[emoji109]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

If i was betting man I'd say it'll be September or October before 3.0 drops...but you never know.

I read that a games jounalist was the first non CIG person to land on a moon on 3.0 and he was blown away.

I'll probably upgrade my ship soon as well, again, mine is one of the fastest ships but the weapons are like pea shooters. They're effective but slow and I think I'll need more firepower [emoji5]

I'm on at least once a week. There's an epic amount of trolling that one can do at the moment. One of the missions is a detective type mission where you have to visit an abandoned spacestation to find out what happened to someone's husband. You have to leave your ship and at the moment the ships don't have locks. So stealing other players ships is fairly rife [emoji5]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Silly me thought he'd already replied to this.

For about £35 now you get instant access to the universe and a half decent starter ship.

It's all starting to come together. Working with Amazon, developing it's own version of the Amazon Lumberyard engine and using Amazon's servers as an awesome move.

I jump in at least maybe once a week to keep my piloting skills up to scratch.

Can't wait to play this with you Leeemoji109.png

Can't wait either :D Didn't realise they were using Amazon. That is a good call tbh.

And 35 notes to get well into the game seems a fair price.

Is there lots of quests and missions in for that £35?

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Can't wait either :D Didn't realise they were using Amazon. That is a good call tbh.

And 35 notes to get well into the game seems a fair price.

Is there lots of quests and missions in for that £35?

I just checked again and it's actually £43. Soz:ph34r:

I currently have access to the following:

Arena Commander

This is mostly ship battles v AI and other players and races.... and not part of the main game. It's essentially the mode to get you used to flying a spacecraft and has a tutorial.

Star Marine

This is the first person shooter mode, in and around space ports, you end up fighting partly inside a controlled environment and also some in the vacuum of space.

Star Citizen Universe

This is the main MMO game that we're all waiting for. There are some missions involving clearing pirates from attacking comms satellites, a detective mission, and a few others. It's not a massive amount of content but this will change with 3.0 an the introduction of an economy and occupations etc.

As I was an early backer I also get access to the separate single player game (Squadron 42) but new players now have to pay for this as a different package. It has Mark Hammil and Gary Oldman so I'm looking forward to it. Plus Rich has worked on that side of the game:)

SC is coming together and they've had to learn and create new ways of doing some things, I can't see it being completed for a while yet but 3.0 will be a big move in the right direction.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The kiosk system they are introducing seems very interesting. With 3.0 this looks like the first build that actually would be a fair price for that amount of money.

It then creates an eco-system for the whole game to live off. The senior designer said that it started back in Jan 2013 and only now he has the tools to start building that concept.

I actually want to feel like I'm part of the journey. Its pretty amazing actually.

They've been showing off the upcoming alpha of Star Citizen as Gamescon this week, there's a live feed on Twitch in 50 minutes (7pm UTC/8pm BST) which can be accessed here:

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Worth a watch as head honcho Chris Roberts is doing a presentation and we've been promised a surprise reveal of some kind:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg