Star Citizen

BO7H B4RRELS

I bought into Star Citizen about 6 months ago,  I was watching it for ages....its still in very early stages but I've got really high hopes for it.

I've played the early modules and I can share with you that I am - at the moment - very poor at piloting space craft :rolleyes:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Have the recommended specs been released for this yet?  I want to play it so bad.  

Looking at the official site; doesn't look like they have the completed minimum specs up yet Tommy although they do have a brief on the basics needed - 

Minimum System Requirements

• Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit) or Windows 8 (64 bit)
  • DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
  • Quad core CPU
  • 8GB Memory

You've got a quad Tommy. You'll be able to run this, but I wouldn't expect max settings.

When this finally gets to the point that I think it'll be worth buying (as in a game I can actually play for hours on end, not just a hangar I can walk around in or a tech demo) then I'll probably build a 4k PC for it and get a 4k monitor. I've already got some ideas but man, that's gonna be asspensiff.

banlol.png

I've registered on the Star Citizen website but I'm just finding everything a bit overwhelming to understand even though most of the information is in there and around the community.  I haven't been following the game closely enough and it looks like I've got quite a bit of catching up to do. Once you register, it seems to them have to buy a ship - $30 minimum it seems just to install and get access to the hangar but after that; I don't know what you're entitled to do in the game up until it's finished. I don't want to be throwing money aimlessly and get roped in to paying hundreds just to get going and that's not taking into account buying the game. It doesn't appear to be a fully-fledged subscription model but microtransactions seem to play a large part in success when the game is released. I'm gagging to give it a try but a lot more research is needed and just like Dave; I'll be beefing up by rig for this type of game and for the future but I need to keep a close eye on how much I'll be hemorrhaging on getting there and that's not taking into account my contribution towards the game itself.

I think Phil has been following it more closely and has contributed towards the development so hopefully he can shed more detail on the foundation of the game and what to expect..

It's really hard to know where to begin when talking about this game, the least I can do is clear up a few issues.

I heard about it over a year ago, I think it was being talked about on the DayZ forums and then FrankieonPC made a video on it.

I bought into it around Feb/March and paid about £20 to fund the game.

For that I got a ship, a hangar and in-game credits. I don't have to pay a single penny of my own money anymore.

You can fund the game further by buying bigger or better ships but there's no need, when you earn money in-game they're all there to buy.

I think it's going to be a couple of years before the game is finished and so far what is playable is:

The hangar.

I can walk around, change clothes, put on a helmet, inspect and enter my ship.

Arena Commander.

I can fly my ship in two different settings.

I can engage in simulated combat against other ships.

The next stages of development will see introduction of first person shooting, single player campaign (Squadron 42) and the holy of holies: A PERSISTENT universerse made up of other players.

One word of caution, I have a damn good set up and I'm already struggling to maintain 60 FPS even in the hangar. The game is glitchy and in need of optimisation but I have really high hopes for it. The updates are not just regular, they bloody relentess and there's so much lore and information to digest.

For $30 I'd take a punt and be part of something pretty cool, well, I did so there you go. If they get anywhere near their lofty ambitions this is going to be a corker of a game.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Gamescon Presentation -

Also check out their webstarter site for more infro https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen 

Quite amazing to see how much money they raised through this, especially given what their original goal was. 

I can't say too much but we've been working on this for the last few months, all i can say is, apparently, this is going to be the next big thing

If you've ever checked the website you kind of get a feeling that these guys know what they're doing, at least in the Marketing of the game. :ph34r:

Here's the latest update from Chris Roberts:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14414-Letter-From-The-Chairman-Happy-New-Year

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

If you've ever checked the website you kind of get a feeling that these guys know what they're doing, at least in the Marketing of the game. :ph34r:

Here's the latest update from Chris Roberts:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14414-Letter-From-The-Chairman-Happy-New-Year

Thanks Phil! You had a look at the rival game Elite & Dangerous? Doesn't seem half as polished as Star Citizen in the slightest! 

Thanks Phil! You had a look at the rival game Elite & Dangerous? Doesn't seem half as polished as Star Citizen in the slightest! 

I have looked at it but I put all my eggs in a different basket, so to speak. I heard there were some bugs (a credit exploit) on Elite and Dangerous recently that split the community. 

Mind you, Star Citizen still has a long way to go and anything can happen!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg