Destiny First Impressions

TigerBurge

What are your first impressions of Destiny?

Personally I am really enjoying it. So much to learn though. It looks and feels amazing. Bungie makes a class act game. Everything is so fluid. I find myself stopping to look at scenery and surroundings. Cannot wait to get more into the game.

My only complaint, if you want to call it a complaint, is the horizontal movement is a little sluggish. Other than that it feels great. Only did PvE with Tommy but I'm ready for more. I haven't felt like that in a while about a game.

Yep, I'm loving it at the moment...the real test will be when we move past the levels that were in the beta release.

I hope to do levels 4 and 5 tonight hopefully with Gary and Mazz as we did this together during beta and they are certainly easier with a full fire team

Took part in a public event last night which was cool.

Keep an eye out for loot caches as well. The trick is not to go straight from A to B but to have a good root around as well

Also played on patrol level outside the Cosmodrome for a while which is agood way of killing some time single player if you want a break from the story. There are beacons which give you tasks

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Played for 2 hours last night with Chris.  It was all stuff that I played in the Beta, but it was still very fun, which is a good sign.  I love the overall look and feel of the game.  It's an interesting world that I'm looking forward to diving deeper into. 

When I played the Beta, I just played solo.  Playing with someone made it so much more fun.  Using tactics, sticking with someone, etc., made it so much better. 

Looking forward to playing off and on today, then a good long session tonight. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

My first impression is the same as it was from the alpha: it's great. I love the mechanics, the atmosphere is great, and the graphics are beautiful. Even just exploring is fun, and there's a lot to explore.

I can see how it will get boring after a while, because even with new missions being added you can only go over the same ground so many times. I expect a good number of expansions though, so the lifespan of the game should still be quite good.

I'm a bit underwhelmed thus far. It's good, but certainly not blowing my socks off as I'd hoped.

It reminds me a bit of Borderlands as far as roaming the countryside in a never ending search for loot and OP weapons. The story missions are lame and patrols become samey same very quickly.

I haven't tried a strike mission yet or gone to the Crucible.

Level 8, Awoken Hunter.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Love it even more so than the Beta. Atmosphere, gameplay, connection etc.. all feel spot on.

However i am concerened about the longevity of the free content. One major point of this game for me was going to be the regular new free content. But i'm not going to bitch about it until i've got all 3 slots to max level and all content explored which i imagine will take quite a while.

Also the 1st raid will be out next week so that is the holy grail at the moment. Hopefully this will be a massive addition but difficult to say as nobody really knows about what will be involved

I'm a bit underwhelmed thus far. It's good, but certainly not blowing my socks off as I'd hoped.

It reminds me a bit of Borderlands as far as roaming the countryside in a never ending search for loot and OP weapons. The story missions are lame and patrols become samey same very quickly.

I haven't tried a strike mission yet or gone to the Crucible.

Level 8, Awoken Hunter.

Bring your big owl pants for the strike mission.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I'm liking it but not loving it. 

It's a serious borderland (as noted by our resident owl) without as much of a storyline.

The graphics and gameplay are outstanding. I haven't had a connection issue and you can solo the missions easy enough.

I've just completed the earth missions and will be moving onto the moon. I have had fun in co-op missions. 

The world is much too small in my opinion. The missions much are too repetitive 

Up to level 10 now. Played 3 matches in the Crucible and it became quickly apparent that I've had it with competitive multiplayer. I would say I endured 3 matches as opposed to enjoyed. I'll endure a few more to try and finish my play 5 multiplayer matches and win 3 games of Control bounties. After that, it's unlikely I ever direct my ship in the direction of the Crucible again.

I've done the first three story missions on the moon and already grow weary of fighting the same enemies using the same character over and over. This sucks. I really wanted to love this game. Now I find it doesn't scratch my itch in the slightest.  :(

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

done the first three story missions on the moon and already grow weary of fighting the same enemies using the same character over and over. This sucks. I really wanted to love this game. Now I find it doesn't scratch my itch in the slightest. :(

That's exactly what I thought after the beta, I hoped there'd be more in the final game, sadly not.

Think this game will become something I drop into to take a break from other games.

The jumping aggravates me to end, I don't know why, it just does. And the fact that everyone has a motion tracker, I constantly feel naked and exposed. In CoD, I abuse the hell out of stealth perks because I don't have the twitch skills to win gunfights. I need to get the drop on people, which is next to impossible in Destiny.

The jumping aggravates me to end, I don't know why, it just does. And the fact that everyone has a motion tracker, I constantly feel naked and exposed. In CoD, I abuse the hell out of stealth perks because I don't have the twitch skills to win gunfights. I need to get the drop on people, which is next to impossible in Destiny.

If it's like Halo is you squat you will be off the radar. Not sure. Haven't tried it on here