FIA Formula 1 World Championship

deterioration

My eldest daughter is currently in Melbourne, not specifically for this just good timing on her part, but has told me she can hear the noise of the cars practising from her friends apartment window.  :) Can't wait for Silverstone!

My eldest daughter is currently in Melbourne, not specifically for this just good timing on her part, but has told me she can hear the noise of the cars practising from her friends apartment window.  :) Can't wait for Silverstone!

Very cool!

I know the results but haven't fully watched qually or the race. I couldn't sleep Saturday morning so I was able to catch 1/2 of qualifying on MSNBC at 2 in the AM. Not in HD with their crap coverage and presenters. Sucks when you have to rely on people to share and they don't. Sky/BBC coverage is not able to be explained in terms of percentages better.

Lewis at 34 seconds ahead of Seb in P2. It's the first race but damn!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Thanks my man, what a race. Brilliant day out, good racing before and as for the GP itself it couldn't have been better, plus managed to get some colour in my cheeks before the rain started. 

Such a good day, am still buzzing!  :D

Very happy to hear! What an excellent race to be in the crowd for. The first 20 laps had me on the edge of my seat. It was one of the most exciting races I've watched in a long time. Lewis answering those annoying is his private schedule too busy for F1 articles with pole and the W had me smiling ear to ear. Nope guess not :lol:

I was in the stands at Copse so saw Lewis overshot it when the rain started and you feel the crowd panic, but all good. That start from the Williams duo help make it such a good race.

What a great call from Hamilton to come in for inters when he did, best decision he's ever made in a GP for me. You could see the rain coming in and it was a case of who would make the right decision at the right time. As for the first stop he made, the pit crew were brilliant.  It's going to be a long 3 weeks until Hungary. Then onto for the next best "racers" track on the circuit for me (Silverstone obviously is 1st ;) ), Spa in Belgium.

uberwarrior, on 06 Jul 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

I was in the stands at Copse so saw Lewis overshot it when the rain started and you feel the crowd panic, but all good. That start from the Williams duo help make it such a good race.

What a great call from Hamilton to come in for inters when he did, best decision he's ever made in a GP for me. You could see the rain coming in and it was a case of who would make the right decision at the right time. As for the first stop he made, the pit crew were brilliant.  It's going to be a long 3 weeks until Hungary. Then onto for the next best "racers" track on the circuit for me (Silverstone obviously is 1st [ ;)] ), Spa in Belgium.

I’m a big Williams fan so I was really happy for them beating out Ferrari in Qualifying and that Massa was the only one at the end of Q3 to improve his time. To see them tear off and spoil the Merc’s race was amazing. Then the whole team orders or will they allow them to race question to have them answer with RACE, but safely, was exciting! Claire’s face later on in the race when Bottas passed Nico was great too! They’re giving teams who spend double the business because they’re awesome.

I know it's a lot different but in the games when you're running a dry setup and it rains with slicks forget even trying to keep it on track. I'm really surprised more people didn't squirt off. I think that’s why Kimi came in WAY to early. He was tip toeing around the wet section of the track and got passed by Vettel, if I remember correctly. You could definitely see the black clouds rolling in. Not sure if you know or have watched the coverage yet but when the rain began it was only on one section of the track - probably where you were sitting. Then later on it hit the entire track. That’s why people stayed out on slicks so long. Some actually pit for slicks only to have to return for inters a few laps later. Then the sun came back out. :D

Lewis did play it perfect. He radioed in that the rain had stopped further into the lap and realized it was only at one or two turns right away. Then got communication that the first shower was passing and another one was a few minutes behind it. Amazing to watch.

Summer break is always a bummer. Yeah, Hungary is a great track but not in terms of spectators or much excitement. I also love Spa and your right tracks like Silverstone, Monza, Spa and Suzuka all have the insane speed and are brutally unforgiving if you make the smallest mistake.

12063483_10153133412177411_9161708947097

Very exciting race on Sunday aside from the abominable weather leading up to it. Hamilton's third Championship and the first British driver to get two back to back! It was the first time I found myself rooting for Nico to take P2 so Lewis could win the WDC. :lol: I really wanted him to take it at COTA and daydreamed what it would be like if he won in the USA. I hope it acts as a fuck you to Bernie who as of Russia is writing the USA off!

I was eying it all weekend so I picked up his USA GP hat to hang in the man cave. Maybe I'll get him to scribble on it someday.

lewis-hamilton-austin-gp-cap-efa.jpg

lewis-hamilton-austin-gp-cap-032.jpg