Site status and progression

You get paid in honour.

//The more I'm digging, the more I realise how poorly optimized this site is. It's astonishing. I always thought it was sluggish but actually seeing all the errors is just  :blink:

Actually enjoying this. Learning so much it's unreal, but I've got my work cut out, that's for sure.

banlol.png

Doing this for a living isn't that bad. Its actually a completely different beast. (at least for me)

Wish I could help more, but we talked last night andyou sort of know my thoughts on all this.

One thing though, do NOT attempt to merge the Wordpress DB with the DB for this forum. That will be a huge mistake and create several days/ weeks worth of work. I've been down that road and it is not pretty

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Awesome. Cal, it would be an honor to have you writing for us man. Mike, no worries dude, whenever you're ready.

Bart > nah, it's cool. I've gone with what you said and leaving the logins alone. 

In other news, I seem to have contracted ALL THE ILLNESSES so I'm out of commission for tonight. Also knackered from my last three night shifts so I'm relaxing with a whisky and a bit of Planetside 2, then tomorrow I'll get back to things. 

This web development stuff is hard work, it seems that for every step forward you make, you take two back. Still getting closer though. Watch this space!

banlol.png

Here is the Facebook page, and for those of you who don't know we have a Twitter too.

I look forward to update our pages with the new blog posts. :)

Even if you hate Social Networking, remember that the people joining in the future might love it and use it exclusively. So for the sake of the site, be nice!

As far as Facebook goes, I need some help.

Editor - Can edit the Page, send messages and post as the Page, create ads, see which admin created a post or comment, and view insights.
Moderator - Can respond to and delete comments on the Page, send messages as the Page, see which admin created a post or comment, create ads, and view insights.
Advertiser - Can see which admin created a post or comment, create ads and view insights.
Analyst - Can see which admin created a post or comment and view insights.

I can have as many as I want, but I want to keep it to a minimum. I really want people who actually use Facebook. So you can comment here and we'll talk about it or I'm a PM away.

Thanks

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I'd love to lend a hand but i just don't know what sort of time i'll have in the future. I'll have to put helping on hold for at least the next month, then hopefully i can do my bit.

Great work so far everyone!

I made you a mod for now. I will push you up to an admin whenever you have more time. :)

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I've been quiet on here for a few reasons but i'd love to help on the Facebook side of things if you wanted Mike

Edit: Forgot to say, all the strides being made by the important people (bar Euan) is really appreciated! Viva la FG!

I've been quiet on here for a few reasons but i'd love to help on the Facebook side of things if you wanted Mike

Edit: Forgot to say, all the strides being made by the important people (bar Euan) is really appreciated! Viva la FG!

By barring me there, you essentially confirmed me as important.

FAIL!!