Planetside 2

Diddums

Played a short bit. First impression was kind of meh. Part of it though is that I'm just not that into PvP anymore. ME3 may have ruined me for life. I like co-op so much better.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Played a short bit. First impression was kind of meh. Part of it though is that I'm just not that into PvP anymore. ME3 may have ruined me for life. I like co-op so much better.

Yep, this is me as well

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Gave it a go wasn't doing too bad tbh as a first attempt but it really isn't my thing however that's not the main reason why I deleted it, its the second game I've played that has given me a kind of motion sickness the other was killzone 2 in under 10 mins.

Back to battlefield.

Gave it a go wasn't doing too bad tbh as a first attempt but it really isn't my thing however that's not the main reason why I deleted it, its the second game I've played that has given me a kind of motion sickness the other was killzone 2 in under 10 mins.

Back to battlefield.

Borderlands 1 did that to me.  I felt so nauseous after playing it.  The only game that ever made me feel that way.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Good fun tonight. Crispy is ace, he's Kylebees 2.0. 

You guys should do a bit of reading and maybe watch a few vids, I'm shit at explaining. The advantage of this game is that it's been on PC for a few years so there are quite a few guides and whatnot about. It's really good once you start unlocking the better tanks and stuff, can't freaking wait to get my Vanguard. This is a list of what they're fixxoring tonight:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/ps4-eu-server-game-update-6-29.228725/

Hey everyone,

The European servers will be coming down at 11PM (GMT)/3PM (Pacific) for server maintenance and a game update. The servers which will be impacted during this downtime are; Ceres, Lithcorp and Rashnu. The expected downtime is approximately 2 hours and will require a patch download.

The following changes/additions have been made with this update:

· Fix to character select music not stopping when entering game.
· Server list now sorts by population, to help better distribute server populations.
· Users can now be invited to Squad by both Character Name and PSN Online ID.
· Fix for a bug that would cause characters to launch vertically into the air upon exiting a vehicle.
· Fix for BR LOCKED text on the Sunderer Loadout Page which displayed the incorrect level requirement to unlock the vehicle.
· Fixed text bug which appeared in the Racer High Speed Chassis item description.
· Players can now select magazine and ammo capacity attachment for the Afterburner Fuel Tank.
· Fix for framerate dip when voice chat is populated with several players.
· Fix for Engineer dropping ammo pack twice.
· Made a change to prevent the "server unavailable" message from erroneously being presented when servers are actually available.
· Fix to vehicle seat changes where players would not be able to continue cycling through seats on various vehicles.
· Fixed a game crash that would occur during redeploy.
· Other misc bug fixes/performance improvements.

banlol.png

I dunno man.  PS2 just seemed to push all my buttons tonight.  There seems to be too much fucking about.  Warp here, run there, die.  Load this run there die.  The balance seems a little off too, you're either smashing a team, or being smashed, never really got that balanced battle vibe.

I just HATE the amount of messing required to actually play with your friends.  I'm still on the fence.  I'll play more, see if things get easier.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Yeah but to be fair you did just run blindly into packs of enemies, over and over and over :D

It's not BF, there are hundreds of players on these maps. That said, it did feel a bit shit for a while, felt like there was a bit of lag and low fps, just felt rough.

As for the balance, imagine our army running in to an enemy army of the same fortitude. Those fights last for hours and hours. Nobody gets anywhere, they often don't even happen at bases, just in the middle of nowhere. It's an epic clusterfuck but oh so fun.

banlol.png

Was a good night again. Just hearing Crispy rage for 10 mins solid when i first logged on was great. I tried to help matters by running him over!! Which strangely worked!! I know what you mean about the one sided battles, but those times when you get a real good battle are just awesome. There's not a lot to touch it tbh.

There is a lot of fucking about at the moment with the general interface but i think that they've done a good job considering that this game was never, ever made with a console in mind.

Hopefully more good times to come

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone in NA is playing when I am on. 

I think I got to rank level 6 or 7 yesterday. 

The game is ok but nothing great so far. For me it lacks a user interface. I can understand the challenges the design team had since it was designed for PC which uses a keyboard but accessing certain things with the PS4 controller is less than optimum. 

I need to understand how to spawn with those controls better. It use to be fairly straight forward with the PC. It's not working so well for me with the controller. 

The was a lot of lag and connection issues at the end of my session. It started off well, I am not sure what happened. I try again later today to see.

The interface is a bit laggy Pat, it does take a bit of patience and getting used to but apart from the odd hitch, I've sussed it all out. These devs seem to be on the ball, so let's wait and see.

Also, I had one of those days today where I logged on and went "right, not logging off until I've got my Vanguard" which I now have :D

Still needs loads of work but I love this tank so much. The Vanguard shield makes it pretty much immune to damage for a few seconds, the gun is one of the hardest hitting in the game and will take down any empire specific fighter in one shot if you can hit them. Need to upgrade reload speed, chassis, mag size, shield, the lot. 

My first life with it I killed two sunderers, a Scythe, a few minions, a lightning and a quad bike. What a beast, and it's only going to get stronger. 

banlol.png

Back to battlefield.

Halo Reach did this to my wife and I

I dunno man.  PS2 just seemed to push all my buttons tonight.  There seems to be too much fucking about.  Warp here, run there, die.  Load this run there die.  The balance seems a little off too, you're either smashing a team, or being smashed, never really got that balanced battle vibe.

I just HATE the amount of messing required to actually play with your friends.  I'm still on the fence.  I'll play more, see if things get easier.

Planetside 2 is a great walking simulator!  :D

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Just got 16k xp in one life with my baby. The Vanguard is so damn good. Can't wait to upgrade it more.

Took out a shitload of sunderers, other tanks, flying shit and loads of infantry plebs.

banlol.png

Unfortunately the game is pretty lacklustre for me. 

Spawning is pretty terrible. It seem to work much better on the PC. I can't seem to spawn on objective or squad mates. 

The game seems to be spawn, run around for 5 minutes shoot someone or be shot. Repeat at Nauseum 

I noticed that no one in my proximity knew how to play. They didn't even know how to throw a frag, The other half spoke spanish. Since I no habla espanol we were all a bunch of chickens with are heads cutoff.

I might try it once more. If it doesn't get better I come back to it much later (perhaps) 

I find it quite acceptable now Pat, it's actually not too bad once you get used to it. Here are a few pointers in case they help:

To redeploy:

Touchpad to bring up map ---> Square to redeploy ---> then R1 / L1 to move between spawn areas. If a certain area has more than one spawn point on it (ie. a spawn room and a few sunderers) they'll all appear on the left hand side. Up and down with the D-pad will scroll between them. R2 and L2 will zoom in and out of the map so you can see where you are in the bigger scheme of things. 

A few other tips re. redeploying:

Your last position will be marked on the map with an orange triangle, so you can orientate yourself and spawn where you want to. 

When you zoom out, only a portion of the map will be highlighted. The bits around it however are still translucent and still live, so you can also see what's what in the surrounding areas.

To warp to a different continent:

Touchpad to bring up map ---> Square to redeploy ---> Square to warp which is a bit confusing. It doesn't actually warp anywhere, what it does is instantly highlight the warpgate on the continent you're on so you can redeploy there instantly and then use the warpgate to warp to another continent. The Square button should say "Warpgate" rather than Warp as it confuses lots of people. 

A few other things:

I have proximity chat turned off. It's no secret that I cannot stand hearing shit in the background of other players, let alone randoms. I was playing the other day and someone in my squad had his microphone on and was getting yelled at by mom. I could also hear a toddler in the background and a washing machine. I muted him and later on I came across another one playing some crap techno music so I just turned off proximity chat altogether. Massive jump to framerates too. Luckily I mainly play medic and injured / dead people have icons above their heads so I know where to go, there's no need to listen to other players and I find the game considerably more entertaining like this. 

As for the useless players, remember that this is a brand new F2P game, so anyone can play it, even kids without PS+, and that brings the obvious with it. Once it settles down a bit I'm sure the players will get bored and leave or get better if they enjoy the game. In the mean time, I either hook up with Lee and Stretch, or roll solo and simply ignore whatever everyone else is doing. Saves a lot of teamkills too. 

One more thing, on foot you're extremely squishy, especially with no suit upgrades. This is a bad move from the devs in my opinion but it does help weed out the CoD kiddies. You need to think in this game to be successful. Situational awareness is king here. Learn your minimap, learn the symbols and emblems and keep an eye on where allies are, and work around it. Crispy had an awful night the other night because he wasn't aware of where he was spawning, where the bad guys were, where allies were, nothing. He simply spawned and ran out guns blazing and died. Again and again and again. A good idea is to roll with a Sunderer if you can. Find a good spot for it and deploy it so your team can spawn on it. You'll be making a huge difference for your team and getting tons of XP, as Stretch found out the other night, he couldn't believe how much XP he was getting. It's literally a non-stop stream. 

//Apologies if this is standard practice for you, but with the steep learning curve loads of people are discouraged very quickly so I try to be as thorough as possible as to get more players in to the game!

banlol.png

It wasn't so much I wasn't aware, it's fucking awful design.  When I respawn I want to be A) as close to where I was before as is allowed and B) near my team mates.  It's pretty dumb at the moment, but improving with experience.  The lag for friendly gamertags is awful so I shoot friendlies until the game tells me to stop.  Last night I was a sniper, and just killed loads of people, was much better.  Unlike Diddums driving...........

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Planet side 2 sounds like Diddums loves it, and everyone else is trying to work out why

Ha! He does love this game, there's no denying that.

However, forgetting Didds' childlike love for this game, imo it is a decently crafted game for what it is. Don't forget, it's free. And this is the best of the free games by a country mile.

Its not AAA, but it's not trying to be. It's simplistic in its concept but has difficulty through the combat system. The UI is the one thing i really have a major issue with.

I can see why Pat is struggling because this game comes to life by the dozen when more of us are playing it. Same with Crispy. You just have to find goals to achieve because they aren't as obvious as in other games.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb