Planetside 2

Diddums

No problem man.  I signed up too.  I have it on PC, and it's pretty awesome.  A little overwhelming, but it's really cool.  I haven't put that much time into it, but there's clearly a ton of potential in the game.  I always describe it as Halo meets Battlefield.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2tkbme/planetsidebattles_congratulations_planetside_2/

CONGRATULATIONS PLANETSIDE 2. YOU NOW OWN THE GUINNESS WORLD RECORD FOR BIGGEST FPS BATTLE IN HISTORY.
Final: 1158 Players

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I've got a Planet Side 2 code for PS4.  I've got the game on PC, so if someone wants it, PM me.  

There's a NA closed beta code and a International closed beta code.  Not sure if they'll both work, or if they're tied together.  First come, first serve.

Managed to get a code last week so downloaded last night and hopefully will give it a go over tge next few days.

Never played this game so will be interesting to see how it plays vs the PC views.

23rd of June release date apparently, but this is SOE so that could be 2016, 2026, who knows.

What I will say is this:

If this game comes even close to the scale of battles on the PC, with the day / night cycles, various aircraft, tanks, quad bikes, 64 vs 64 battles, the map sizes, the variety of weapons, attachments and the same upgrade system, all for FREE (yes, you don't even need an active PS+ sub to play it) then Destiny's days for me are numbered.

It's an epic experience like no other. It's ruthless, the learning curve is more of a cliff face which makes being successful all the more satisfying. No game has managed to rival the intensity of PS2 for me. It's mental. I was a member of an outfit called Riot Corps (an outfit is basically a clan) and the leader had some or other way of playing music over his microphone (PS2 has proximity voice) and he sounded like a radio DJ, it was uncanny. We were getting stomped in a quadrant so we gathered at the main spawn and called in a bunch of Galaxies (massive ships which can carry 12 people, absolute bastards to kill). We then flew 6 of them to the base we were tangling with, he played some AC/DC loud as nails and we basically facerolled the base, leaving corpses everywhere. 

I'm getting excited just thinking about it. This game with you lot is going to be biblically epic.

banlol.png

I tried the Beta today. I had the same problem I used to on the PC. The servers are close to empty in North America.

The problem I see with us is that NA will on a different server than Europe so I don't think we can team up.

Unfortunately  there was next to no instructions for the PS4 and figuring out what the to took a while. 

The HUD is a bit confusing at first. Your team looks like enemies on Battle field so I killed a number of my guys. 

I might give it a go again tomorrow. Anyone else doing the BETA?

I had my first go too Pat and have to agree with you with the no instructions bit. I'm a noob to this game so having no clue what to do didn't help.

I was running for miles and miles just to get to the objective until Diddums told me you could deploy a quad bike so that helped. I had a huge bit of lag at one stage where a plane came into where i think my base was and everything went all epileptic fit on me.

However, when i looked at the map (again i think!) It looks a massive world and if they can pull it off, fair play.

Initial impressions just make me nervous it may struggle on console.

Well, it launched yesterday. Apparently it's having teething issues what with servers being down but that's to be expected from a game of this magnitude. Get downloading folks, it's HAMMER TIME!

banlol.png

It's out Gary. Loads of issues though, odds are you won't even get online. I've downloaded it (took all day) so it's ready to go when the dust settles. Can't wait for it to work properly. Hands down one of the best experiences I've had on PC.

banlol.png