Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Thread

A spot to discuss anything related to the muliplayer component of Mass Effect 3. I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, ME3 being an RPG but this topic being about the multiplayer.

Share usernames, schedule times to play, post tips, tricks, strategies, builds, whatever. If it's warranted, I'll index all the content in the first post.

Let's kick it off yo. This beat up piece of paper has my build for every character.

ME3Builds_zps59d7acb4.png

The number is the rank and the letter is a sort of geometric representation of how ranks 4 through 6 are distributed between the two paths.

A       B       L       J       F       T       N       V

X X X   – – –   - X X   X - -   X X -   - - X   - X -   X - X

– – –   X X X   X – -   - X X   - - X   X X -   X - X   - X -

I may be changing the Volus Adept, I really liked playing him as a Shield Boost spamming Stasis sniper. Need to test drive it on a few Gold games though.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Last build I was f*cking around with before internet disconnection was the Geth Juggernaut.

I gotta tell us...no matter how much you and Doc talked him up, it didn't do him justice O.o

That unstoppable bastards! I gave him an N7 Pirahna and a Venom shotgun, because f*ck everyone and everything around it. I also sometimes give him a Geth Pulse Rifle, which he's still very good with if specced accordingly. I was still waiting for the Spitfire xD

DM9ON.png

My go to weapon for Juggy (code name Phalanx) is the Particle Rifle. I like not needing to make trips to the ammo box. I'll also use the Collector Sniper. If I use a shotty, I prefer the GPS or Crusader because they've got enough range to compensate for the Jug's lack of mobility.

Then again I've seen people do really well with the Reegar which has super short range.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I've got ME3 on PC but I've never tried the multiplayer, is it fun? On single player I'm usually behind barriers and popping my head out when I want to use my weapons or biotics so I'm not sure how that'd translate online.

Plus are the maps any good?

I suppose I should stop being lazy and check it for myself :P

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It is the greatest thing since the first man discovered what to do with his erection. Seriously, you should be playing it right now. I've put over 400 glorious hours into it.

Get it for PS3 and play with me.

Took my Volus adept for a spin on Gold versus the Collectors and did reasonably well. Didn't score very high, but I kept my teammates alive and didn't go down a whole lot. I also did most of the work during missions. Need to play a few more games, but I think I like this better than trying to spec the Orbs for offense.

I tried playing some more Gold with the Voldept, but I couldn't find a decent lobby and there was no way I was going to carry the team with the character. I don't know why I stay in some of these lobbies. I'm looking at the rank and kit of these guys and thinking, they're not ready, WTF are they doing here. *sigh* well maybe this time it'll be different. 

NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO

It's never different *slams head on table* when you suspect someone is going to suck, go with your instinct. Leave or put on your tryhard pants.

Oh, and I forgot how stupendously awesome the Vorcha Hunter is. My god do I love that guy. It's like playing Freddy Kruger as a Mass Effect character. freddy.gif

She's great even without the skill point glitch (I'm too much of a purist to use it). You ever try a melee build with her? I haven't, but it's seems pretty popular.

Today I've been messing about with the Quarian Male Infiltrator, never really played him much.  Arc Grenades give him good synergy with the Javelin. I also tried him with the Krysae, but definitely preferred the Jav. (Obviously the Black Widow works, but I don't like to use it on every sniper class.)

I prefer a mobility build.  Poison stuff and then dash through the walls, poison that stuff, then dash through the walls.  She makes a great medic that way, too, as you can kite stuff away from the downed guy and then dash back through walls to revive.

My Geth Engineer (code name Geers)

For reasons that defy logic, I like the Geth Pulse Rifle with him. Hunter Mode's increased accuracy and ROF turn it into a laser accurate bullet hose to the face. It's surprisingly effective.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#35!1706555!3605525!..95!.GEAG9

Let's see your build brah, the glitch and non-glitch versions please. :D

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#60!1B84515!!!CEDE3

With glitch, add top option on poison strike and either top 3 or bottom 3 in fitness, depending on how you want to play.

Biotic focus acts like the stim packs for the Turian havoc, you can hit it to refill your biotic barrier. 

I'm noticing something interesting. It seems like higher level players are more prevalent in silver than gold. If that's actually the case, my guess is that it's so they can challenge whore easier. Makes finding a decent gold lobby a bit tricky.

Everything will be okay though, Krogan Shaman is in here.

//My OCD tendancies will not permit me to have classes with a different number of promotions. I've been working on getting my Adepts, Infiltrators, and Sentinels from 13 to 15. I don't think I have the fortitude to grind them all to 20.

Erhmagurhd, I just discovered the Collector Sniper Rifle for the first time. I've used it with my Geth Jug, but quickly discarded it as a proper sniper. Big mistake apparently. I slapped it on my QFI who was at Level 8 and played a Bronze Game. Joke. Okay, now at level 10 I crank it up to Silver. Joke.

No ammo powers, no passives (yet), just Tac Cloak bonus and Collector Sniper X. I was melting Banshees like cheap tin solder with a flame thrower. Wha? How do I put 400 hours into the game and not discover this? Will try on Gold tomorrow.

Erhmagurhd, I just discovered the Collector Sniper Rifle for the first time. I've used it with my Geth Jug, but quickly discarded it as a proper sniper. Big mistake apparently. I slapped it on my QFI who was at Level 8 and played a Bronze Game. Joke. Okay, now at level 10 I crank it up to Silver. Joke.

No ammo powers, no passives (yet), just Tac Cloak bonus and Collector Sniper X. I was melting Banshees like cheap tin solder with a flame thrower. Wha? How do I put 400 hours into the game and not discover this? Will try on Gold tomorrow.

The small magazine size is the limiting factor, and since there's no way to increase it (other than playing a character class that boosts magazine capacity) you're stuck with it.  Once you get to Gold or above where DPS becomes a lot more important, the waiting to recharge can be a bother.  If you overheat it, you're gonna have a bad time.

It does excel at applying ammo powers, and its very high DPS.  The only thing I found annoying about it is that it has a limited range after which the beam just disappears, which seems dumb for a sniper rifle.

Well, it's official, Collector Sniper Rifle is a weapon of mass destruction. Played two games of Gold, one versus Reapers and one versus Geth, kicked ass on both. This time I had my passives maxed out for weapon damage and I used Incendiary Ammo IV. I was able to take down a Pyro with full shields in one cloak + shoot cycle, Ravagers take one cycle, Brutes take two. All mooks drop like flies, while Bosses take a bit of work, though nothing onerous. I find the clip size to be of sufficient size and easily manageable, it does crazy damage, and laughs at shield gate.

Why aren't more people using this thing?

Well, it's official, Collector Sniper Rifle is a weapon of mass destruction. Played two games of Gold, one versus Reapers and one versus Geth, kicked ass on both. This time I had my passives maxed out for weapon damage and I used Incendiary Ammo IV. I was able to take down a Pyro with full shields in one cloak + shoot cycle, Ravagers take one cycle, Brutes take two. All mooks drop like flies, while Bosses take a bit of work, though nothing onerous. I find the clip size to be of sufficient size and easily manageable, it does crazy damage, and laughs at shield gate.

Why aren't more people using this thing?

Short answer:  Black WIdow.

Well then people be dumb.

I played some more with it and discovered the wonders of hip firing, fan-flippin-tastic versus Dragoons and Phantoms. Come to find out, it maintains 75% damage when hip fired and is still laser beam accurate. O.o

Tonight was all about the lowly Volus Mercenary. Things went pretty damn well, even on Gold. I tried him with both the Mattock and Particle Rifle, and while the latter hoses far more destruction, the weight was just too much. The few extra seconds it took to hit Shield Boost again made it unacceptable. The Mattock worked out nicely, good damage, light, very accurate. Plus it's a class I don't play much which pairs well with a gun I don't use much. (I'd use it more, but too much trigger spamming bothers my tendinitis.)

I got him from level 1 to 19, once I promote, all my classes will be at 15 promotions. Then I just need to get them all back up to 20.

One thing I'm doing right now is trying to flesh out my builds to include weapon, gear, and other equipment where it makes sense. I'm the type that likes to try and make use of everything, so trying to use all the weapons and fit them with complimentary classes is fun—hence playing around with the Collector Sniper Rifle, Mattock. Geth Pulse Rifle, etc. I won't be able to find a home for all the weapons, there are simply too many, and some I find repugnant (Adas and Striker come to mind, hate those things), but I'd like to incorporate as many as possible into my game.

At the end of the night, I was at about 2.2 million credits, so figured I'd hit the store again. After the last episode of 10 Arsenal Packs and no Ultra-Rares, I opted for Premium Spectre Packs and hit .500—ten packs, 5 Ultra-Rares, very nice. I got the Collector SMG twice, Saber, Harrier, and Javelin.

Volus Mercenary (code name: Spuds)

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#48!1304555!!..95!.EDGG

Well then people be dumb.

I played some more with it and discovered the wonders of hip firing, fan-flippin-tastic versus Dragoons and Phantoms. Come to find out, it maintains 75% damage when hip fired and is still laser beam accurate. O.o

Eh, just different play styles.  The BW is more efficient if you hit most of your shots, especially if you're decent at head shot/weak spot shooting.  It also lets you stay in hard cover most of the time.  Reload cancelling puts it well ahead in terms of DPS.  Built in 0.25 meter penetration makes light cover and guardian shields a non-issue, as well as allowing you to hit weak spots on a creature's back (like pyro tanks).  It benefits from warp and distrupter ammo, since they can use the ammo damage to strip shields/barriers prior to the projectile damage hitting shield gate, but with a properly spec'd infiltrator you're probably stripping it with one shot anyway.  Usually you can take down one pyro/marauder type enemy and one mook from one cloak cycle.

Collector is more about soft cover, since you have to be standing to let the beam run.  The ability to hip fire lets you play as a more aggressive sniper.  You aren't penalized as much for a miss, as you can just get the beam back on target, but you'll also lose more head shot damage as you wiggle the beam on moving targets.