Bloodborne - SPOILER ALERT!!!

Jason

This looks pretty fucking sweet. It's being called the spiritual successor to Demon Souls. Playstation exclusive. Btw. Tell me this isn't cool looking. Love the art and style they are showing off in the trailer.

Edited title to indicate spoilers in thread.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I've never played anything like this so I was wondering what lures you to this type of game?

This probably going to sound nooby but is it story based? Do you have to search round for stuff, is it linear gameplay? I'm just interested in branching out from the same old stuff and this has really caught my eye( just not sure why) .

I've never played anything like this so I was wondering what lures you to this type of game?

This probably going to sound nooby but is it story based? Do you have to search round for stuff, is it linear gameplay? I'm just interested in branching out from the same old stuff and this has really caught my eye( just not sure why) .

What lured me in was challenge.

Linear... It couldn't be farther from it.

You have to explore everything, at least in dark souls. The story is very open to interpretation. If you don't read item descriptions you're missing out.

These games don't hold your hand, there isn't a objective marker, or a set direction to follow. You learn as you go from trial and error. You actually feel a sense of accomplishment from completing things.

Also, I never put this in my PPR,cause I never update it, but I've beaten dark souls :)

Bought this yesterday and played just over an hour. Looks slick and already feels challenging. Too early to say how much open world game it is yet but definitely grips you more than other games to put the disk back in.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Now the waiting for price drop begins. Speaking of price drop, I should probably look at getting Dark Souls 2.

It's early days but i think £46 brand new wasn't too much. In an ideal world £35 second hand would be ideal, just like i paid for Diablo 3. Plus, its a nice feeling getting a game on release, makes you feel 12 again [emoji16]

Well this game is solid.

Solid, like I'm struggling to get past the first 10 minutes of the game. It does hold you in though.

The aiming with the guns is fucked up, a real struggle to hit anything but wielding a huge axe that can transform into a 2 handed axe means you can make light work of a few enemies. Need to find a quick you tube tutorial in case I'm completely missing something.

Well this game is solid.

Solid, like I'm struggling to get past the first 10 minutes of the game. It does hold you in though.

The aiming with the guns is fucked up, a real struggle to hit anything but wielding a huge axe that can transform into a 2 handed axe means you can make light work of a few enemies. Need to find a quick you tube tutorial in case I'm completely missing something.

Are you locking on to enemies?

Either way I've found that guns are only useful (so far) at interrupting enemies. The dodging system feels really nice and it's been a noverall enjoyable experience. I feel like the character I made focusing on bloodtinge is quite innefective at this point. I'm going to restart with a skill build tonight.

Are you locking on to enemies?

Either way I've found that guns are only useful (so far) at interrupting enemies. The dodging system feels really nice and it's been a noverall enjoyable experience. I feel like the character I made focusing on bloodtinge is quite innefective at this point. I'm going to restart with a skill build tonight.

Err, that's where I'm going wrong then! I'll be on tonight if you're around to run through a few things.

I think the dodging is good too, it seems to work well 2 do a combo with the axe immediately afterwards.

Err, that's where I'm going wrong then! I'll be on tonight if you're around to run through a few things.

I think the dodging is good too, it seems to work well 2 do a combo with the axe immediately afterwards.

My controller is broken meaning my mic won't work, a new one was supposed to come today but never showed up.

I didn't like the axe, the fact that you are unable to parry with it's alternate version makes it pretty unusable for me. I like the cane's moveset best, but the lack of damage leads me to using the saw cleaver over it. I'm excited to see what new weapons come up. 

EDIT: If you have any questions, let me know. I'm new to Bloodborne but have a lot of experience in the Dark Souls games.

My controller is broken meaning my mic won't work, a new one was supposed to come today but never showed up.

I didn't like the axe, the fact that you are unable to parry with it's alternate version makes it pretty unusable for me. I like the cane's moveset best, but the lack of damage leads me to using the saw cleaver over it. I'm excited to see what new weapons come up.

EDIT: If you have any questions, let me know. I'm new to Bloodborne but have a lot of experience in the Dark Souls games.

No worries mate, thanks for the help so far. Now that I've got more use to locking on, its going fairly well. Strange that I can get better hits in with the axe but i admit that you can get caught out easily if you mistime your slash combo.

What do the Spectre's do? They don't seem to do anything, just sometimes see a silhouette of a hunter.

Overall, this game seems to be sticking with me and hooking me out of destiny for abit (shock). The no map, no objective really appeals to me. Obviously I must've been the only one who missed dark souls!

No worries mate, thanks for the help so far. Now that I've got more use to locking on, its going fairly well. Strange that I can get better hits in with the axe but i admit that you can get caught out easily if you mistime your slash combo.

What do the Spectre's do? They don't seem to do anything, just sometimes see a silhouette of a hunter.

Overall, this game seems to be sticking with me and hooking me out of destiny for abit (shock). The no map, no objective really appeals to me. Obviously I must've been the only one who missed dark souls!

The spectre's show another human player dying. It's a good indication that there is a danger ahead if you see one.

Now I've gotten used to the parry system, I'm starting to see the value in guns again. I'm dropping some of the bigger enemies in 1 or 2 hits.

This game gets better every time i switch it on. Spent some time over the weekend running around trying to understand more areas. Had to beat the big beast on the bridge with another person, but was alot of fun slaying it. Lots to learn with the game mechanics and the surroundings a quite stunning whilst walking around.

I'm probably gonna go pick this up tomorrow, when I level up some maybe we can join in some jolly cooperation (dark souls reference)

Hopefully I don't suck for a long at this as I did dark souls. Lol

Starting to parry and riposte better, which in turn means I'm getting through some of the story quicker. Item descriptions feel like cryptic clues most of the time (apart from the obvious ones) but i don't feel like its putting me off as the challenge of working out small parts to the map even if its to open up a loop back to the start feels really rewarding.

Starting to parry and riposte better, which in turn means I'm getting through some of the story quicker. Item descriptions feel like cryptic clues most of the time (apart from the obvious ones) but i don't feel like its putting me off as the challenge of working out small parts to the map even if its to open up a loop back to the start feels really rewarding.

Item descriptions are basically how this developer tells their story. They provide back story and clues as to what going on.

If someone didn't read any and just played, I imagine they would be quite lost at the end.