Battlefield Hardline Beta

J4MES OX4D

Just played a quick match of Heist on the High Tension map and it's pretty good fun. It's a bit weird because it's Battlefield scaled down to a lesser size which makes for fast and frantic fun. The beta is a bit rough just the like BF4 one but you can get a real feel of how it's going to play out and I think the concept is pretty good.

Heist seems good fast fun in which you either play as cops or criminals and you have to recover cash from the enemy spawn and deposit back in the vehicle at your own spawn. First to reach 5m or so wins. I finished top on my first game but only went 6-2 but deposited the most cash. The controls seem a bit clunky on PC though but I dunno if this is due to it being a beta. 

I'll have a more detailed look at it tomorrow including the unlocking and buying feature in Battlelog but it's good to experience the game as it's something different and I really didn't expect to be playing the beta so soon. 

I'd forgotten my Origin email is an account I don't have access to anymore so it looks like I won't be trying it after all. No big deal, I don't think the game looks all that interesting, I was just going to try it because why not.

I tried it. Connection quality is hit and miss for me, which means it's just as good as CoD or BF4 :)

The 2 games mode  are kind of interesting and at the vehicles are alright. I am not sure what goes on in the progression. It's pretty vague. 

I kind of liked it, it's a bit Cod like in terms of the small maps in more arcade shooter and less objectives/Vehicles.

Other cool thing is you earn money (xp) as you go along. That money is used to purchase things for your kits. 

The Beta just landed in my Origin, might give it ago later tonight, I'm a bit down on Dice at the moment so we'll see how it goes...

It's Visceral games that made this Phil, not DICE and let's just say the Hardline beta is probably better than the 'finished' product of BF4 :lol:

Woke up and I have a code so downloading now, shame I only have about an hour before work.

Same here.  Got it in my email this morning, downloading now, but not sure I'll have time to play it much if at all until Sunday night. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Looks interesting.

Though, the beta is PC only, so I'll have to get my speculations second-hand.

Thought Dice didnt have any fingers in this game?

Yeah, they're only on as a "consultant", so all they can do is "consult" their greasy mitts on this game.

DM9ON.png

I'm stuck with last-gen for a long while, my friend x)

Ah no worries. I will try and get a few games in and keep everyone updated plus there is loads of good videos being upped. So far, so good but just 1 map and a couple of modes but it's something different and pretty decent and has lots of potential in a crowded space. Can't wait to see more details on the game in the coming weeks. 

I don't know whether it being the beta; but the engine isn't a smooth or slick as BF4. It feels a bit clunky and tight like Bad Company 2 which isn't good but I hope the finished product is as polished as BF4 but actually works!

I've had an hour or so on it, obviously with 1 map I was getting destroyed. First spawn in I did glitch through the map but that's been the only real problem and it didn't happen again.

You seem to die really fast but ttk seems slow when your dishing out the hurt not sure why that is.

I had a go as operator the self revive didn't seem to be an issue as generally you overkill people I was running it but never got the chance and I died alot.

I also tried mechanic and liked the fact that the SMG didn't seem as weak as what they seem in bf4 which was nice, the laser sight looked a bit weird and rough tho.

As I improved I got a few service stars but didn't get chance to try the new unlock system yet.

Of the 2 game modes blood money is the best from my perspective heist is just basically capture the flag and was over really quick whereas blood money if the sides are balanced will last a while, I found stealing from other teams vault was easier than the main cash pile.

So far I'm enjoying it, it is manic and very fast paced I'm interested to see what other game modes will be in the final game also.

Edit I don't like the running animation it does feel like your running with a limp.

Got a code today for this, was a surprise I didn't think I signed up for it... Maybe I did...

Looking forward to trying this, although I tend to play the betas loads then when I get the full game I hardly touch it...

blackops2sig.jpg