What has been happening "recently" - From my point of view

Palle

Here I will explain what I meant by my message in the shoutbox.

This has been going on for a while: First, Dattebayo was the one who got was treated like crap because he felt depressed, wanted some sympathy and then left because he felt bullied. I think one person apologized to him about that. It still seems to be a "thing", though.

After this, Steve expressed his beliefs in a thread, which he felt the need to instantly defend before there even were any replies... I don't think that's OK at all. I don't know what he expected or from who but it wasn't something good.

In another thread, there was a lot of hostility against Jsin because he didn't agree on a subject.

Now again, when Lee started one of his threads, which are controversial for a lot of people. Jsin lashed out at him because he didn't agree with it.

These are just a few... Why can't we agree to disagree? If we don't like something, it's really easy to not spend time reading it and avoid adding negative or condescending replies that won't provide anything meaningful to the discussion.

It seems like there are A LOT of tensions that have never been dealt with. I find this difficult to deal with for these simple reasons:

Example

1. I'm not sure I can mention anything about person 2 or 3 to person 1, because if person 1 still has beef with those people, might make things awkward and I feel it will affect that friendship.

2. If I agree with or talk to person 2 about something, person 1 or 3 or might have the same reaction and things will get weird.

3. Etc. etc.

3. This is all difficult because person 1, 2 and 3 are all what I consider good friends (even though I never met you).

I just don't know, this makes me very uncomfortable. I often feel that I must choose sides... Do I want to do that? No... Absolutely not.

But what else is there to do? Should I leave and hope to find another place that is just like this? I don't think it's going to happen. The most similar place I've found to this community is Reddit but that place is largely anonymous with it's huge user base and it's difficult to really get to know anyone there.

I honestly don't know why it's so difficult to apologize to each other and move on with our problems. It's really childish, to be honest. Especially when they the people on the receiving end are younger than you.

We have long talked about being a "one-of-a-kind" community, where everyone is friendly and prepared to help each other out when someone needs it. We want to grow by having new members joining us, but that's not going to happen if we can't even solve our internal issues between veteran members on these forums.

If we respond with hostility to topics we don't like or agree with, the result will be more anger and grief towards each other. If we then refuse to acknowledge about what's going on, it will only worsen it and lead to people distrusting each other and this community even more. Which in turn will lead to more members leaving and it will eventually wither and die.

That's the truth.

The general mood for me is that this place has been turning into what we all wanted to leave not too long ago.

People are still talking about me? Well sh*t.

I've been trying to not talk about my real-life at all, I've tried to forget completely about all what happened, what more do they want? :/

I would've liked an apology from more than that one person (and that apology really meant alot)....but I'd rather not rack the muck. Bring up old feelings. Force apologies if they don't really feel they need to give one.

know what I mean?

But on the subject of disagreements, this is a forum, it's kind of meant for active discussions, but it's unfortunate that people (including me) take things to heart and get upset.

There's also a matter of people being d*cks about disagreeing with something, but there's very little anyone can do about that, it's up to the same person to reel in the tone.

Edit: beginning of my post isn't directed at the "person 1 person 2" thing, I was referring to just the very beginning of of his post there, where he said it was still a "thing" to talk about me.

DM9ON.png

If you're an asshole, I will ignore you.  Just like "in real life", if you are an asshole, I will not voluntarily interact with you because life is too short to waste time on assholes.

This solves 99.9% of Internet related drama.  The other .1% can be solved by remembering the following little saying that's gotten me through many tough times:

and don't become this guy:

23258136.jpg

There are worse places in the world than a few squabbles on here.

IGN message boards

One Direction fansite

Miley Cyrus's twitter page

Rihanna's instagram profile

Nicky Minaj's fat fucking arse

There will always be a bit of debate especially with anything regarding current affairs but everything has a habit of mending itself and people learn to forgive and forget. 

Let's all just get along and enjoy this

thenug-nfCqLv7ctc.gif

The facts:

I removed posts most of you didn't see, as they happened WHILE I was reading the thread in question.

I flat out deleted them, and then made a post saying I removed them.

Do NOT assume those posts were one sided.

All parties involved were lashing out at each other

Almost all parties involved were private messaged by me, stating reasons why. One party in particular was not messaged, by me, as the Thread was locked and moved to the Pit. I assumed the person that did that messaged the user.

If the posts had stayed in the nature of what started it all, I wouldn't have removed a single one of them

They did NOT. They grew ugly quickly, and for no reason.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I didn't read the shout box. I personally will talk to person 1, 2, and 3. If any of them have a problem with that, fuck them. That's childish high school crap. Yeah.

mmmmmthis.

People are still talking about me? Well sh*t.

I've been trying to not talk about my real-life at all, I've tried to forget completely about all what happened, what more do they want? :/

nah pretty sure this has nothing to do with you, no worries.

After this, Steve expressed his beliefs in a thread, which he felt the need to instantly defend before there even were any replies... I don't think that's OK at all. I don't know what he expected or from who but it wasn't something good.

i'll be honest, i didn't see the issue here as much as everyone else, because as far as i know all the young trolls of religion who don't know how to be respectful haven't been 'round these parts for a long time.  so . . . sure, sad that he had to start with a disclaimer, but ultimately i didn't think it was super necessary.  not recently anyway.  and if someone did try to start shit i hope Steve knows we'd have his back and acclimate the noob to the rules, right quick.

2. If I agree with or talk to person 2 about something, person 1 or 3 or might have the same reaction and things will get weird.

this is really what i wanted to touch on briefly.  when it comes to the typical subject matter and the typical people who discuss it (because no one will understand if i speak in code), perceived "sides" are established based on how those exchanges usually go.  and it was once suggested that although people may not publicly support one particularly prolific poster, they actively agree with him privately.  that's fine.  that's also bullshit.  if you feel like you can't agree publicly, it's because you fail at defending your arguments as much as whoever it is you blindly agree with . . . NOT because of any other user here.

i guess i'm just saying don't kid yourself (not "you" Kent, but in general) by claiming you don't pipe up because we play too rough.  bullshit.

k that's it.  i love everybody (who can defend their own arguments).  be safe out there.

Here’s where I’m coming from, full disclosure. Everyone will know where they stand with me, all my cards are on the table:

If I don’t like you, I ignore you, you are dead to me. If I don’t like you, it’s not because I disagree with you on something or even everything, it’s because I think you’re a crappy person. There are two people here I feel this way about: Both Barrels and TigerBurge. I cannot forgive them for what they did to Dattebayo. I don’t care how justified they thought they were, they deeply hurt someone I care about.

Then there’s the issue with Spectre. I don’t know whether or not Lee is a crappy person. If it was as simple as me not agreeing with him on things, I would simply agree to disagree and move on. The problem I have with him is that he uses this board as pulpit to get his ‘message’ out and more importantly I think his message is harmful. Anyone who takes the time to drill into what Lee posts will find: nuggets of truth wrapped in misinformation and wild conjecture. I feel compelled to address this not because I like debating with him but to poke holes in his credibility so that others won’t blindly believe everything he says. Sometimes I get snippy and obnoxious about it, I apologize for that, I have my flaws.

That’s it. Everyone else I love. I badly miss gaming with Kyle and Uber; I’m pretty sure under the right circumstances I’d suck Doc’s dick; and if I were a chick I’d happily increase the population of leper’s colony.

//Datte, no one is talking about you, I’m the only one who brought your name up. I think that is why Palle said it’s still a ‘thing’, because obviously I haven’t let it go.

///Wherever you are, there will be people who just can’t get along, this is life.

////There is still no other forum where everyone pretty much knows each other by real name.

/////The issue is not nearly as big as this discussion would make it seem. In the grand scheme of things, it’s less than trivial.

//////We can’t all agree on a game to talk about, so we talk politics, which tends to get peoples’ panties in a twist (mine included).

Solution: Everyone buys Destiny for the PS4 and that’s what we talk about going forward.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I am colorblind,

Green is purple to me, Red I see perfectly, sorry

I could use Pink

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I know I'm not part of this, I was just answering to this:

Although Jsin just clarified as to why and how right now.

Nah, that's not what I meant. To me it seems that one of those who treated you that way still likes to take every opportunity available to show that they don't like you, many times in very subtle ways.

It's a very common type of bullying that I've experienced myself.

That's what I meant with it still being a thing... Being "anti Datte".

you people need to get your damn names straight

~wanders back to shoutbox settings~

I must have missed the recent post in question because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Me personally, I have no ill feelings towards anyone, not even towards Adam :P  lol. Seriously though, IMO it does not matter who agrees with whom, or what someone's feelings about religion or politics may be, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing. Disagreeing and disrespecting are two different things though so we all need to keep that in mind because it's easy to be venomous online because you don't have to look that person in the eye. So replies online are easy to have the respect/emotion aspect removed from and that makes it easy to say things you would not say in person face to face.

All boils down to the most basic rule our Mom taught all of us as a little kid. Treat others as you would want them to treat you. Do that and all the drama will fade right away.

Im guessing all these dramas happen in the political and interlectual threads... I haven't seen any of this going on...

My only issue is that its just so quiet and theres a lack of games to talk about, or not enough interest in certain topics to warrant posting...

blackops2sig.jpg

Start some threads man, its all worth talking about.

We are just in the typical summer lull before the new games, happens every year on every forum I have ever been on

How the hell did I get drug back into shit. My god does this not get old. It's high school drama only with GROWN ASS MEN. I'm out see you all when I see you. I've got REAL problems I'm dealing with right now and don't need stress of internet drama