Battlefield: Hardline

J4MES OX4D

You can buy it every second year. Hopefully this will improve the game reliability by having 2 studios although that didn't exactly work for CoD. 

I don't about Police. That looks like TDM only DOM . Tanks and attack choppers make no sense in a police/city setting. The criminals wouldn't realistically have them. 

I don't see Huge 32x32 maps making too much sense there as well which means it's not that great for next gen consoles

However it might make for new interesting game modes. 

I'm really excited for this. It's a frostbite 3 Battlefield game with a spin. There is enough meat in BF4 to last two years plus having this on the side will be an interesting alternative. Hopefully it will be a different take on the classic Battlefield formula. I couldn't have Battlefield 4,5,6 annually as it would just feel like a ripoff like DLC masked as a full game but there seems to be enough diversity in this style to warrant a lot of interest. 

I'm really excited for this. It's a frostbite 3 Battlefield game with a spin. There is enough meat in BF4 to last two years plus having this on the side will be an interesting alternative. Hopefully it will be a different take on the classic Battlefield formula. I couldn't have Battlefield 4,5,6 annually as it would just feel like a ripoff like DLC masked as a full game but there seems to be enough diversity in this style to warrant a lot of interest.

Pretty much agree with this, I've played bf to death due to lack of game diversity on next gen but soon my time will be split between titles so games like bf4 will last over longer periods.

Obviously. The problem is they'll likely forget about the old game as soon as the new one comes out.

That's very true of Call of Duty but I think BF4 and Hardline could run well together and give gamers a vast choice of two very different games with similar core mechanics. 

By Christmas, you've seen it all in a COD game with only the DLC to retain any lingering longevity. You've unlocked all the guns, attachments and perks and the quick-fire matches of 6v6 just means a continuous cycle of the same old stuff. I usually tire of the current COD game long before summer as the hype for the next one grows as the leaks reveal. 

Battlefield 4 has over 130 weapons to unlock, tonnes of assignments, medals and matches on a huge scale on a variety of modes. There is so much meat and depth to this game, it is just massive and despite the problems; the infrastructure will keep players engaged for a very long time. I spent a couple of years on BF3 and I'll probably do the same with 4 as there is still so much to do and see. The backbone of this game is immense and that's why I think people will still maintain interest even if there is a sister game out at the same time. BF4 accompanied by Hardline as an alternative sounds pretty good.

I think this is a mistake integrating this type of game into the Battlefield series. It doesn't represent the name or what the series is about. I understand the publicity and the Battlefield trademark is an instant seller and will drum up interest and intrigue much quicker than just branding the game as a Frostbite 3 title but I don't want Battlefield to be derailed by any spin-offs.

Hardline looks decent it seems but I can't see this having the scope or scale of your standard Battlefield title. The trailer didn't really explain how large the player counts were and how the modes truly operate minus the overall premise. 

I believe EA acquired Police Warfare (a kickstarter project 2 years ago) overturned it to Visceral and now have branded it Battlefield to gain the traffic.

I'm really not to interested in this. I loved BF4 because of the setting and amount of variety in the maps. The maps I don't care for are the urban maps. However some of the gadgets do look pretty cool.

I'm not bothered by what they call it,sticking battlefield or cod on stuff doesn't really interest me as long as what's produced is good to play, I can see why it would drum up interest but maybe that's a good thing as I may not have heard of the title and possibly miss out on something different.

As for the urban setting that may also work for me, I've played more dominating small maps and player counts on bf4 due to it being all action and the games are quick so it fits with the fact I don't have much time during the week.

I look forward to seeing some mp gameplay.

Apparently the leaked video is from a 6 month old build and isn't any way reflective of the final product. It's just a mock/concept trailer with pre-alpha gameplay.

Be good to see some top quality footage of the game in its Hardline format at E3 assuming it doesn't all get leaked before :lol: