Dragons Teeth DLC

J4MES OX4D

Can't be arsed to play the DLC yet as DayZ has got me hooked again but I dunno about these maps just by looking at them. A couple stink of that crappy Flood Zone map which could be a put-off but fuck it; the maps usually represent decent value for money content-wise in the long run. 

They need to add the new modes to the old maps. For me the excitement of a new mode is very quickly replaced by the boredom of only playing the same four maps.

I have to agree that's a fair point, I hardly played carrier assault.

I have them downloading now so I can have a quick look before work.

I have to agree that's a fair point, I hardly played carrier assault.

I have them downloading now so I can have a quick look before work.

I didn't play 1 game of Carrier Assault in the end :lol: I think the core modes were good and varied enough though. Mode specific maps we don't see too often but at least they'll be tailored to them. Hopefully Chain Link will be compatible with all maps as it sounds interesting. Probably will be on the PC version and I'd take these modes over COD's Infected and Blitz any day of the week B)   

Judging by the fact the maps seem cut down for the chain link game mode I doubt they'll be on anything more than the new ones, but defiantly better than the cod new modes after they got rid of some good ones.

Played one map so far which was Propaganda and that's an absolutely incredible map. Looks amazing, plays amazing and is really well designed. Netcode seems better and the game far more smoother too. Strange :ph34r:

Will probably try Lumphini Garden next. 

I like propaganda and lumpini garden, chain link is mad but if the teams aren't balanced its over way too quick, one game on sunken dragon the enemy team lost 15 tickets only.

Can't wait to try Lumphini Garden next. Just played regular Conquest as opposed to Chain Link just to get a feel but it strikes me that the mode can cause balance issues if a team has parallel flags locked down tight. Regular Conquest just seems more sensible out of the two. 

I've heard from a few people that Pearl Market is a bit of a stinker. Looks a bit like Floodzone in texture/layout terms and that is a bit of a turn-off. 

PS on PS4; EA have frocked up - $200.00 for the DLC? LMAO! 

original.jpg

Yeh I can see that I ran in a building and you'd have sworn it was flood zone it also has those wood sheds just the same.

I tried chain link as I didn't have much time but also for the unlocks, I noticed people already have the bulldog and mpx unlocked, its also noticeable people hanging around trying to get swimming kills.

In contrast to the brilliant Propaganda map; Sunken Dragon has to be the worst map I've ever played on in the entire Battlefield series. It looks hideous, plays terribly and is riddled with glitches. It's also very camper/sniper friendly and unbalanced. Spawn trapping is rife too. 

The B flag is a catastrophe. It's like a cross between Dawnbreaker and Flood Zone. I'm taking this shit off the server browser. 

Just played on Pearl Market and that map is pretty good. It's fairly small and dominated by alleys and rooftops along with space on the outer sides of the map. Pretty well balanced and good fun. 

So overall, Dragon's Teeth:

Propaganda - Excellent map. One of the best in the Battlefield series. Looks amazing, plays incredibly well, completely balanced, great open areas and enormous fun for all players and play styles.

Lumphini Garden - Nice open map. Not too small but no large either. Has a really nice open feel with lots of cover elements also. Flags are well positioned and everything feels spot-on.

Pearl Market - Good map. Not aesthetically stunning but it plays really well. The rooftops aren't as dominant as they were on Floodzone which is good and most battles are ground based and perfectly balanced.

Sunken Dragon - Fucking shit. Worst map ever. Fuck you DICE.