First Impressions, Naval Strike

Sennex

Specifically Carrier assault

Maps are flipping huge

not sure how much fun it is, but maps are huge

Once you crack the carrier open, the map will be over, because it just seems to be a minute or two needed to plant the bomb. Its weird

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

so they look good. but it does feel like im playing Paracel storm 4 times.

on conquest large im sure it works well, but on 12vs12 the biggest map has 5 flags and is MASSIVE. the smaller maps, including the cannon map play well.

i am yet to give it a real go, but i am craving some massive land and air battles...think 4 tanks, 2 LAVs, 2 jets, scout and attack chopper, mobile AA, gunship etc, full on amour battle...may the last two dlcs will deliver on that front,

i will give it a proper go soon. yet to play carrier assault. but first impressions are that they are nice maps, but very big and unless you have vehicles on 12v12 there is alot of waiting around/getting from a to b, not much action

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Only got to play one match last night after downloading it and played Conquest. Played on Nansha Strike and really enjoyed the match. The map played really well with something for everyone. Played as an Engie because I'd realised I needed to take down an aircraft with a portable AA for an assignment to get the MP7.

Used the MTAR, which I've only just started using, that gun is just carnage reminds me of how good it was in MW2, and was by far my favourite gun in that game.

Can't wait to get back on and get a decent session in. Limited opinion so far. Possibly the best DLC yet! :)

All maps seem to play really well. Played Carrier Assault on all four. TDM on all four,a little to big for it except the sub base one. It was great and played conquest on all four and they are great for conquest.

Carrier Assault goes pretty fast. Almost as quick as TDM games if you have good teammates.

yeah, not so impressed with this map pack on ps3 atleast. the maps are too big for 12v12. once you play one of the maps, you cant tell your playing any other map/

- half the enemy team are camping with javelins to take out boats for the assignments. the other half are sniping.

- mobile AA that can hide outside of your boundary and still spam active radar into the map....i thought they  were supposed to have fucking patched that !

- to make any use of the attack boat, you have to get in too close to the islands which leaves you too vulnerable to rockets. if you stay on the outside the attack boat is usless except for taking out the other attack boat.

- active protection for boats all of a sudden isnt working properly.twice i have been hit by multiple rockets whilst it was deployed.

- carrier assault is okay, but the MCOMS are too easy to arm. the two games i played i was able to rush into the engine room and plant B with no opposition at all.

im sure it plays better on 32v32, but 12vs12 im not blown away

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Only played tdm so far but maps seems a little big for this gamemode.
If the enemy has the high ground on Operation Mortar it feels like Hamburger Hill.
But not too shabby still. Maps dont load properly at the start sometimes.

The rubber banding and lag when playing objective game modes on these maps is not good by any stretch, which means I'm avoiding playing them much at the moment!!

I have to agree, I've played them enough for now.

I've also seen moonwalking and crouch sliding lol

I haven't experienced any real lag or rubberbanding, but I would like to know who the fuck swapped out my brass and lead for fucking rubber and silly string

Other than that though I agree with this 100%:

yeah, not so impressed with this map pack on ps3 atleast. the maps are too big for 12v12. once you play one of the maps, you cant tell your playing any other map/

- half the enemy team are camping with javelins to take out boats for the assignments. the other half are sniping.

- mobile AA that can hide outside of your boundary and still spam active radar into the map....i thought they  were supposed to have fucking patched that !

- to make any use of the attack boat, you have to get in too close to the islands which leaves you too vulnerable to rockets. if you stay on the outside the attack boat is usless except for taking out the other attack boat.

- active protection for boats all of a sudden isnt working properly.twice i have been hit by multiple rockets whilst it was deployed.

- carrier assault is okay, but the MCOMS are too easy to arm. the two games i played i was able to rush into the engine room and plant B with no opposition at all.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

So the other post where I said I hadn't experienced lag or rubberbanding

yea, fuck that

Conquest is unplayable for me

Carrier Assault is unplayable for me

Heading back to get my 10 hours of the previous releases so at least can get a medal or something. Not even going to attempt to unlock weapons and crap anymore

Hell, if this keeps up, I will go buy Ghosts this weekend

Played some games last night, didn't even bother trying the new maps yet. Long story short, Lag... I had to quit 3 games.

Then it wouldn't load the next map 3 times after the last one ended. The only way to get out of that is to close the application. Good times.....

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Played some games last night, didn't even bother trying the new maps yet. Long story short, Lag... I had to quit 3 games.

Then it wouldn't load the next map 3 times after the last one ended. The only way to get out of that is to close the application. Good times.....

Nice to see Battlefield back to its usual self. I was initially miffed when Naval Strike was pegged back for release on PC but looking at the release elsewhere, it may be a blessing for them to sort their shit out yet again. Oh well, I look forward to playing this in September.

Probably!

Nice to see Battlefield back to its usual self. I was initially miffed when Naval Strike was pegged back for release on PC but looking at the release elsewhere, it may be a blessing for them to sort their shit out yet again. Oh well, I look forward to playing this in September.

Probably!

This was the first time I've experienced major lag so far. It was pretty significant. Felt like I was trying to shoot this guy. Posted Image

Then I'd die standing safely behind walls, watch a guy throw a grenade while simultaneously getting hit by his bullets. Good times.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

This was the first time I've experienced major lag so far. It was pretty significant. Felt like I was trying to shoot this guy. zeby9e7a.jpg

Then I'd die standing safely behind walls, watch a guy throw a grenade while simultaneously getting hit by his bullets. Good times.

This has been day one for me :lol:

Another stupid thing.which ever team has flag d (I think) on the map with the downed plane, can have a gunship deployed.

It absolutely ruins the other team on this map.its awesome if its on your team but sucks if not.there is very little cover on this map.vehicles are seriously vulnerable.stingers are out of range.no jets to shoot at it. The only thing that can hit it, is the rib boat with the minigun!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said: