Far Cry 4

J4MES OX4D

Picked this up from GAME earlier! There were 3 'Limited' editions available for either £49.99, £52.99 or £54.99 but I got the cheapest one as the others are bound to have some pointless extra missions. Can't wait to start playing. My mate who was working said they sold just shy of 1,000 copies of Halo MCC and 144 so far have been traded in :o Serves the Xbox mob for dissing the PS crew for DriveClub - what goes around comes around :D

can't support Ubisoft anymore on launch day/ month for any game.

Amen to that.

I played FC3 on Xbox360 and I've recently bought it for PC for peanuts. I'm playing it through again on PC and loving it, FC4 I'll probably wait for a sale too.

Mind you, I've been waiting for a Dark Souls 2 sale and not a peep so far.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Holy shit i can post in this thread now!

What i was going to say yesterday was this...Far Cry is still amazing in my eyes, only had one issue and that wasn't even an issue. In the middle of no where was a break dancing monkey, i've got him recorded and was going to post it last night but footie got in the way :)

How's everyone else liking it?

Oh dear Joe; you never used uPlay before? That's a fatal move buying Ubisoft games on PC ;) I'm sure you'll be able to sample the game sometime before Christmas :P

I'm not a fan of Uplay at all so I purchased and I preloaded it via Steam. I was actually waiting for Steam to verify and unpack - about 40 minutes - before I could even hit play. The only thing I did in Uplay was activate the game key so it showed up in my library.

How's everyone else liking it?

I only played it for about an hour so its too early to say but it's pretty much the same as FC3 only with better textures and darker shadowing. :lol:

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I made my eagerly anticipated start to Far Cry 4 last night and played a couple of hours which included the prologue and a few missions.  I was a massive fan of Far Cry 3 and it really turned out to be a memorable game on the last gen. This game however I'm struggling to get into and I was bored shitless in most of the time I played. Dunno if I wasn't in the right frame of mind but I was taken aback how tedious things seemed. The game is familiar which is fantastic as I loved the FC3 structure but the story seems woeful, the characters are awful and the acting is borderline embarrassing. Kyrat looks incredible but the map layout is a bit horrendous with so many trees, hills and mountains. The gunplay feels ropey and the missions seem extremely dull. Everything seems a bit mundane so far which I did not expect. I really hope I get into it and the game grows but for all its similarities; it just doesn't seem as good as its predecessor. 

That's not great to hear as I'm getting this at Crimbo time.

I suppose it was always going to be like FC3 but hoping it will be enjoyable and a little bit more. Any new stuff that's fun?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

...Leave it to me to find a way to render 23 hours of play time zeroed out.

I mistakenly played the game how I wanted to play it and beat all of the Willis missions before the other missions I needed to do in order to unlock the second half of the map. Which is a problem because when you finish all of the Willis missions you are left off in that area.

When it loaded, after I beat the final W mission, the screen was completely black. I could confirm I was moving around and able to melee by sound but couldn't see anything so I accessed the map and fast traveled back to the Ghale homestead. Now all of the interface items (mini map, health/armor, enemy detection etc...) do not show up, I can't grapple, all of the Golden Path etc... missions on the map are gone. Pretty much I can't play any further. I tried to turn the interface settings off and back on, quit out and started up again... Nothing!

I've searched online but can't find any related info so I sent ubisoft an e-mail and am waiting on a reply. I'm anticipating having to start back at the beginning. Not sure if it's the same across all platforms so beware if you don't follow the story like the game wants you to you'll get locked out. :(

Started this and must say it's really good. Not to different from FC3 which is a good thing. The story is really good. Game play feels smooth and fluid. So yea I'm really enjoying it. The little helicopter is sweet. And fuck the eagles. Man those things are vicious. The honey badgers are a bitch to kill too.

Has anyone tried the co-op on this yet? Trevor and I played it tonight and it's really fun.

Not played much as I've been stuck on Destiny since its been down so much. Would like to try this out over the next few days. Can you go co-op no matter where you are in the game?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Not played much as I've been stuck on Destiny since its been down so much. Would like to try this out over the next few days. Can you go co-op no matter where you are in the game?

Yeah, when you invite someone or join someone all campaign missions are turned off, but everything else stays. So you can do outposts, side quests, fortresses and all that good stuff.

Little update on my breaking FC4. I sent a ticket to ubisoft letting them know what was going on. Some hump replied and asked me to send them my save games folder. So I did! Four days later I get a reply that my ticket was canceled because of a 4 day inactivity; they “assumed my issue has been resolved”. O... K??? So I sent another ticket with the old ticket number as reference, all the info, save game folder .zip etc… It’s been weeks and I haven’t received anything. :lol:

So I’M assuming they are perturbed by my mad game breaking skills and are ignoring me. I've been thinking I should send the story/info to IGN, Gamestop, PCGAMER or the like to see if anyone of them would put Ubicrap on blast for releasing terribly made games and offering 4% customer service.

It's not like I was cheating, using a trainer or playing an illegally downloaded copy of the game. Ubisoft can't even help a N gar out! <_<

Its a pretty safe bet that every website you listed won't care.

However, if you went to Reddit, you might be able to get the attention of some PR type from Ubisoft.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Its a pretty safe bet that every website you listed won't care.

However, if you went to Reddit, you might be able to get the attention of some PR type from Ubisoft.

Truth! So... I wonder if there's a save game editor out there that would allow me to open my save and on/off/reset progress. Are you aware of any? The files don't have extensions so maybe I can give them ones and open um' in a text editor :ph34r: Worth a try.

I'm not on the Reddit... Just perused it a little. Seems like a way more annoying twitter. :lol:

Honestly I went in apathetic anticipating no resolution, expecting I'd have to play it over.

Sorry to see you still haven't got this resolved yet Joe. Have you tried the Far Cry 4 game hub discussions on Steam yet? http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/Worth a look and in most cases particularly with cunts like Ubishaft; you'll get more sense and help out of the community than the game staff themselves! 

Truth! So... I wonder if there's a save game editor out there that would allow me to open my save and on/off/reset progress. Are you aware of any? The files don't have extensions so maybe I can give them ones and open um' in a text editor :ph34r: Worth a try.

I'm not on the Reddit... Just perused it a little. Seems like a way more annoying twitter. :lol:

Honestly I went in apathetic anticipating no resolution, expecting I'd have to play it over.

I have no idea.

Twitter vs Reddit

Well Twitter limits you to 140 characters. Reddit DGAF as long as you don't go over 3000. 

Twitter just spams nonsense with no moderation. Reddit allows the community/ reader to upvote and downvote topics, and comments in those topics to have them either better seen, or removed from the discussion

So yea, I guess if you find actual discussion based on merit and not being a celebrity, annoying then sure, Reddit isn't for you LOL

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."