Far Cry 4

J4MES OX4D

Season pass details released:

Is that… a yeti? Yes. Yes it is. The Far Cry 4 Season Pass has been announced and it is intense. From a co-op prison break and brand-new PvP multiplayer mode to a mythical creature hunt, the Season Pass promises hours of additional content for $29.99. On top of all the other goodies, Season Pass holders will have exclusive access to a day-one mission. Take a look below for the full rundown of all the DLC included in the Season Pass.

B0Z_W4qCAAACIaq.jpg

The Syringe – The day-one Season Pass exclusive mission will have you preventing Pagan Min from retrieving a rare recipe and using it against the rebellion. Take on The Syringe in either single-player or co-op.

Escape from Durgesh Prison – Team up with a friend to escape Yuma’s prison after being locked up and tortured. Fun stuff.

Hurk Deluxe Pack – More harpooning. More explosions. More Hurk. More awesome. Get access to five new missions starring Hurk, including Yak Farm, Blood Ruby and Hurk’s Redemption. We just love this crazy country boy so much.

Overrun – Play as either the Rakshasa or the Golden Path in this new PvP multiplayer mode. Capture territory around Kyrat and stop that territory from being taken by your enemies.

Valley of the Yetis – A crash landing on a Himalayan ridge finds Ajay fighting for his life in a strange new frozen landscape. Scavenge for tools and upgrade your campsite, while fending off deadly nighttime attacks from a mysterious cult. Explore caves in the area, but watch out for what lurks within. Valley of the Yetis has both single-player and co-op options, so it might be wise to bring a friend along to watch your back.

Via: http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-season-pass-details/

I'm definitely waiting until its like $5 and not $30. ;)

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I first played 3, loved the story and the game play. The immersion was amazing. I completed the whole story within a week.

What the hell am I going to do when these amazing games start dropping? Definitely need to invest in strong get coffee.

I've only played the third one but that was really addictive (gameplay and graphics were top draw) so it feels like a no-brainier to purchase.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

(PC-UK) Interesting info about Ubisoft not selling their upcoming games via Steam in the UK. Either way you're going to need Uplay to play it, like FC3, which blows.

Ubisoft's latest games won't be on Steam in UK

Are you staring intently at the Steam store, waiting for the release of Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity and The Crew? Stop! You're looking in the wrong place. At least, you are if you live in the UK. Ubisoft has confirmed that their upcoming titles won't be available on the UK version of Valve's digital store.

“We’ve been in discussions with Valve about Assassin’s Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,” a Ubisoft representative told PCGamesN.

“In the meantime, UK customers wishing to purchase the game digitally can do so by visiting the Uplay store, our retail partners or other digital distributors.”

Those other digi-game distributors include GreenManGaming and GamersGate.

The reaction to the news has been interesting. I've been idly following people's response on Twitter this morning, and overwhelmingly, it's been negatively received. And I get it—Uplay is an awful stain upon any hard-drive it touches. It's as much dirty protest as distribution client.

But, Uplay would be part of the package whether it had been bought through Steam or not. I bought Splinter Cell: Conviction on Steam; but that didn't stop Uplay being the thing that deleted my save games. Twice.

Is the convenience of having a game listed in your Steam library that big of a deal? Seemingly, for many, it could be.

EDIT: PC Spec released.

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-pc-specs/

Minimum

Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz

Memory: 4GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1GB VRAM)

Direct X: Version 11

Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Optimal

Supported OS: MS Windows 7 SP1, MS Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better

Memory: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2GB VRAM)

Direct X: Version 11

Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

(PC-UK) Interesting info about Ubisoft not selling their upcoming games via Steam in the UK. Either way you're going to need Uplay to play it, like FC3, which blows.

Ubisoft's latest games won't be on Steam in UK

Are you staring intently at the Steam store, waiting for the release of Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity and The Crew? Stop! You're looking in the wrong place. At least, you are if you live in the UK. Ubisoft has confirmed that their upcoming titles won't be available on the UK version of Valve's digital store.

“We’ve been in discussions with Valve about Assassin’s Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,” a Ubisoft representative told PCGamesN.

“In the meantime, UK customers wishing to purchase the game digitally can do so by visiting the Uplay store, our retail partners or other digital distributors.”

Those other digi-game distributors include GreenManGaming and GamersGate.

The reaction to the news has been interesting. I've been idly following people's response on Twitter this morning, and overwhelmingly, it's been negatively received. And I get it—Uplay is an awful stain upon any hard-drive it touches. It's as much dirty protest as distribution client.

But, Uplay would be part of the package whether it had been bought through Steam or not. I bought Splinter Cell: Conviction on Steam; but that didn't stop Uplay being the thing that deleted my save games. Twice.

Is the convenience of having a game listed in your Steam library that big of a deal? Seemingly, for many, it could be.

I'm not a fan of UPLAY so I was annoyed when I heard this. It would actually stop me buying the game to be honest. I have Watch Dogs on UPLAY so let's leave it at that.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Anyone picking this up on Tuesday? I certainly wont be getting it on PC as Ubisoft's games are optimised by retards and uPlay seems to hate people that play their games. Will pick it up on PS4 though. Ubi's powerhouse of IP's is falling apart but this game could be their saviour. 

Anyone picking this up on Tuesday? I certainly wont be getting it on PC as Ubisoft's games are optimised by retards and uPlay seems to hate people that play their games. Will pick it up on PS4 though. Ubi's powerhouse of IP's is falling apart but this game could be their saviour. 

I'm not getting it Tuesday, but I hope to get it sometime after the price drops.  

Anyone read about the alternate ending?  Pretty cool stuff.  Don't read about it if you don't want any spoilers though.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I was lucky to be able to pick this game up on Saturday and i can honestly say it's absolutely incredible!! If you loved the 3rd one then you'll love this one even more. I've only played the story mode so far and i was instantly hooked on it, i honestly can't recommend this game enough!

The setting for this game is amazing and that combined with the graphics pretty much is sex for the eyes.

I think i played for about 6 hours on Sunday and i'm no where near 5% done but then i probably have spent an hour in total climbing to the top of hills and looking at the views whilst disturbing my missus as she worked to tell her how amazing it is!  :lol:

I look forward to playing co-op with people!

Wow that's great Rich! Good to know. So lucky getting it early and I can't wait to give it a shot on Tuesday!

I can now get any game i want at least 4 days before release, it's pays to chat crap to people over so many years  :lol:

Sounds like a plan, don't think i have you added yet James?

I haven't even got my PS4 connected to PSN as I haven't had much time to game this year and there hasn't been too many games that have interested me but I will be hoping to be up and running before Christmas and then I'll add you and everyone else.....even Euan..for my sins :lol:

I'll pick it up on sale at some point, but I honestly can't support Ubisoft anymore on launch day/ month for any game.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Really considering getting this does it make any difference having not played one of the previous ones?

no

all the stories are seperate

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."