Far Cry 4

J4MES OX4D

I've beat 1-3 and 3 Blood Dragon so 4 needs to come out! :lol:

2 for PC really is infuriating when it glitches and you have to restart or you travel for 5 minutes, die and have to do it all over again. 3 (PS3) is one of my favorite games ever. I should install it for PC to marvel at it in 1080p. Big ups to Steam for offering all 4 games under $20!

I didn't watch the vids but I hope they revamp the aiming and driving for 4 making it more realistic. Mostly the driving. Evey vehicle handles the same, like crap. Not saying it has to be on par with Forza or equivalent but they should put more time into making it better.

Edit: Also on the Elephant riding. If you can ride them you can shoot them in the face and take their tusks for guns and ammo. :ph34r:

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

OK so I went ahead and made the mistake of installing FC3 on PC. I'm addicted all over again. I can't get over how much better it looks and runs on PC. A lot of gripes I had about the graphics, like using textures in cut scenes over top of the animations to make them blurry and look better for console, aren't even in this PC version. I need 4 in my life!

I dunno. FC1 was excellent. FC2 was also excellent, but it got too samey samey over time. Still one of the best gun sounds in any game, that truck mounted cannon thing.

FC3 was fucking awful. Yes the gameplay was good but it had one flaw which totally ruined the game for me and I'll mention it in every single post I make about the game: the animals. Animals don't clump up. You don't need to go to specific areas for specific animals, they're everyfuckingwhere and are restriced by nothing. Yet in FC3 if you wanted to chop up sharks for the wallets, you had to go to a specific area. Yeah, 'cos on an island like that, the sharks have their own territory, amirite? Oh.

And the crafting system was an abomination. Make everything once, done. It was awful. Why bother in the first place if you can have everything you need within a couple of hours, and that kit will last you the rest of the game?

HAY GUISE WE HAS AN EPIC CRAFTING SISTIM NAU, U CAN MAKE STUFF. ok, so.... sell it then? Nope. Give it to mates? Nope. So what? You make it once.

And then?

Nothing, that's it, you make it once.

Fuckin tragic.

banlol.png

How you no likey?

I will admit that the animals should just be anywhere and everywhere, that was quite weird. I just saw the crafting as something extra to do, it was the story that did it for me. Thought the whole thing was excellent, although i wasn't hugely keen on the ending. I'm guessing that was your favourite bit? "thank fuck that's over"  :lol:

Have faith Dave, this will be amazing!  :D

What's not to like about the ending? You got to fuck the hot chick. Yeah she kills you but we all gonna die at some point ;)

I just did one ending though. A mate said he had to play the whlle game again for the other ending. If that was true it was weird. Didnt have to do that in FC2.

And yes cyber, Buck was a gay rapist :)

Fuckin tragic.

:huh: Perhaps Ubi studied animal behavior and placed them in areas they felt they’d exist in the made up world? Animals do live in groups and defend territories. If the animals were sprinkled everywhere on the map the game would be way more difficult.

The crafting doesn’t really affect beating the game (story) that much. Maybe that's why it's do it and its done forever. I beat 3 again the other day hardly crafting anything. I get the feeling you enjoy a more immersive experience. For me more time fucking shit up and less time in menu(s) / talking to NPC's / crafting / etc. is ideal. Maybe 4 will be better balanced and offer more options?

Should be what the fucking about a man that carries a rook sack, everything he's crafted, 4 guns with full ammo, 4 types of explosives fully stocked, health, consumables, ancient knives, etc... then runs around full gait jumping up and zip lining down mountains and towers carrying all that shit. After that any type of reality goes out the window. :lol:

The game was too repetitive for me.

Raid a camp and kill everything. Use the bow or silenced sniper and don't be seen.

Kill animals and craft you stuff

Climb towers and enable the radar

Repeat as necessary

I also didn't like the supernatural boss fights much either. I thought those were just stupid

I found the co-op game fun. Unfortunately there weren't many people playing it.  The multiplayer didn't work much which was unfortunate. They had some cool maps.

:huh: Perhaps Ubi studied animal behavior and placed them in areas they felt they’d exist in the made up world? Animals do live in groups and defend territories. If the animals were sprinkled everywhere on the map the game would be way more difficult.

The crafting doesn’t really affect beating the game (story) that much. Maybe that's why it's do it and its done forever. I beat 3 again the other day hardly crafting anything. I get the feeling you enjoy a more immersive experience. For me more time fucking shit up and less time in menu(s) / talking to NPC's / crafting / etc. is ideal. Maybe 4 will be better balanced and offer more options?

Should be what the fucking about a man that carries a rook sack, everything he's crafted, 4 guns with full ammo, 4 types of explosives fully stocked, health, consumables, ancient knives, etc... then runs around full gait jumping up and zip lining down mountains and towers carrying all that shit. After that any type of reality goes out the window. :lol:

That's the thing: I wanted it to be more difficult. I want to explore, search, hunt and farm. Not look at my crafting list, go "I need leather", look at the map, and know where to go straight away. That kills half the fun. The game was also too easy in general.

That said, I got about two hours in and went "meh". Haven't touched it since.

Someone mentioned banging the hot chick at the end, might have to stick it out for that.

banlol.png

Wonder if the baddie character on the box is taken from someone in real life like Vaas was? Definitely one of gaming's best baddasses!

vaas_michael_mando_with_bobblehead_.jpg

I agree with Cyber above about the repetitive bits. The game looked amazing but everything was a bit shallow away from the main story. I quite liked hunting for stuff although the crafting was as basic as it got. Activating the towers was a bit of an annoyance over time but the game had a pretty good vibe. Better than the second game that's for sure - so much in FC3 was fixed that haunted me in FC2. I remember spending 20 minutes cleaning out an area; leaving the scene and coming back shortly after and all the AI had respawned and were doing their usual routes! It got well tiring in the end. Far Cry 3 was much improved but still lacked that layer of depth in all its features for me.

That's the thing: I wanted it to be more difficult. I want to explore, search, hunt and farm. Not look at my crafting list, go "I need leather", look at the map, and know where to go straight away. That kills half the fun. The game was also too easy in general.

That said, I got about two hours in and went "meh". Haven't touched it since.

Someone mentioned banging the hot chick at the end, might have to stick it out for that.

They could have made it more challenging I agree. It's very easy in general and the boss fights are a joke but it's still enjoyable because I get to run around set people and animals on fire, hit them with cars, explode them, LMG them, snipe them, etc...  If it contained nothing but treasure hunting and creating absolute carnage wherever I went with no story, mini games or point it would be the best game ever to me. :D O and you definitely tatau that ass. :P Pixel titties!

It is repetitive. I've complained in the past of Assassins Creed's repetitivness being boring. FC3 is the same but I enjoy it more because of above. It really gets boring when you beat the game and capture all of the outposts. There's no one to kill!!! :lol: