What's wrong with Ghosts?

kylebees

First, let me say that I'm not trying to start a war of Ghosts vs. BF4.

Seriously though, what's wrong with Ghosts? I've played the shit out of this game and quite honestly, I feel it's the Best CoD since MW2. The connection is better than Black Ops II by a long shot. The maps are decent and from the looks of the DLC they will get a bit better. All the weapons are pretty well balanced. I guess the only down side in my opinion, are the people that play the game.

So that's where my question comes from. What's wrong with Ghosts? Have you honestly given the game enough of a shot to know that it's that bad? I just don't think you can play the game for less than 24 hours and conclude that the game sucks.

My first prestige, I struggled but still held a decent K/D and winning percentage. Every prestige since, both my K/D and winning percentage have gone up. I believe this is true due to map knowledge and just getting the feel for the game.

I mean, we use to have loads of people on here that played CoD and now, I only see a few of us on at any given time. I miss the days of having full teams destroying the competition and just having a good time. I'm interested in what you guys and gals have to say.

I honestly enjoyed it more than the last two games, but I'm not paying for it again to play it on the ps4.

Oddly enough I just typed this same thing to Chris via text.

I'll probably buy the next one, I always do.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Man where do I start :)

I have always been a a CoD fan boy. Been playing it since CoD 3. Up until recently I still had all of them. Ghosts is a huge step backwards from BO2. I enjoyed BO2 more than any other CoD to date. Ghosts started out great. Really liked some of the new stuff but it turns out it's still the same old shit. The maps are some of the worse ever. Not one map comes to mind that I enjoy playing. All of the BO maps played differently. These are the worse core maps of any CoD game ever. They have ruined what was my favorite game mode by catering to fucking kill whoring pussies in Kill Confirmed. The ruined Dom by doing the same thing. I was a damn good Dom player in all other installments but there isn't a point in it in this game. Every fucking game mode is TDM. They DO NOT reward people for playing the fucking objective. Infinity Ward has proven to me that they don't listen to the people who play the game. That they want to cater to certain players and say fuck you to the other ones. A lot of YouTubers hate this game. You can see it in their videos and hear it in their coms.

If BO2 had the connection that Ghosts had it would of been a damn near perfect game. Then again 3Arc listens to the community.

I couldn't wait to get a ps4 and play CoD with you guys the I've talked to for years now but I can't play thus game. I've tried. I don't enjoy it at all. Solo or in a party it makes me want to smash my head into a wall. Battlefield is a totally different experience. It's very challenging at times but you can fuck off in it too. There is so much to do in it. Every game mode is different. NOT TDM. Sniping takes serious skill. Not some skill and a lot of luck.

Sorry if I was rambling but that's how I feel. Plus I've been at work all night and am ready to go to sleep.

I love COD but Ghosts felt like a major letdown that didn't live up to expectations for me. It also took a gigantic step backwards in some respects in relation to the direction the franchise was moving in. The PC release was also absolutely terrible in terms of support and functions. 

Firstly, IW removed the scorestreak aspect of the game which is ludicrous. Black Ops 2 allowed players to earn points and killstreaks by playing the objective which meant even weak players had a chance to score. The games flowed better and killwhores weren't as rife. Modes like KC and DOM on Ghosts have been ruined by this u-turn as players just farming kills and not bothering with the objectives as they add nothing to the killstreak ladder. The quality of matches just seemed to diminish for me. This is a fatal mistake right off the bat. 

The maps were also beyond abysmal in terms of size, spawn locations and just general dreary layouts.  There were no memorable ones that I used to look forward playing and I used to cringe when the likes of Siege or Chasm appeared on the rotation. 'Dynamic maps' LOL; a lamppost falling over does not wow me in the slightest. Embarrassing by today's lofty expectations and side by side with other titles.  

There was also nothing unique or new. Create a soldier is just create a class with hats and coats and many perks are just what we've seen before but cunningly renamed. There was no theater mode or detailed combat record either. Popular modes such as HQ and Hardpoint which were very important for the spirit of competitive gameplay were strangely omitted despite IW initially 'championing' this part of the series.  

The 'new next gen engine' is not new and is not next gen. Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes. Titanfall is actually an older game and has the best engine in a videgame I have ever seen. Absolutely flawless. They should really take note as Respawn (The REAL Infinity Ward) have created an absolute genre-changing piece of technology. This is true next gen quality. 

Treyarch may get some stick but they are in-tune with the communities desires and expectations. They listen and deliver innovation on a large scale. They may not be technically fluent in their releases but the games they offer are of another quality. The new IW just don't have the know-how in taking the game forward and they can't seem to capture the brilliance of past games.  

I am very disappointed that I didn't warm to Ghosts. I was looking forward to experiencing this over the duration but after 5 weeks; I had seen it all. Around 30,000 people were playing this on PC to start with and then on my last day; there were 2,200 with a steady 95,000 on a broken BF4. The game and the community just felt soulless and I had to depart. 

But my biggest issue is the people that play it.

And that's because the game makes it noob-friendly in my opinion. 

The community was at its best with Black Ops 2 and morale was very high. Apart from the connection issues; it was a great COD but by removing all the things that made that game good in Ghosts; it's kinda killed it for me. 

Won`t argue there, allthough I`m not sure if the community was at it`s best with BO2. The game just made it a bit harder to be a douche most of the time.

I feel the community has gotten worse with every installement.

BO2 for me was a great game, they just got all the aspects of create a class, challenges, games modes, etc etc spot on. If IW had just copied that and done new maps I would have been happy

But instead they junked all that progress. They seemed to get connection right, but missed the ball on the easy stuff

It actually felt like the game was made by people who had never played BO2, and I expect the people who make CoD to be as much into CoD as I was, so it just felt lazy and a backward step

And so lacking ambition. Lets make 1 tree fall down as a levolution moment. 1 tree, whilst on the same hardware other designers are dropping whole skyscrapers. Lazy complacent out of touch.

I definitely get what you say about the CoD community being a bunch of douches but in my brief experience with BF4, there wasn't much difference. People still sat in the corner waiting for you to run by, snipers everywhere spawn camping, etc.

I get the part about the scorestreaks. I loved that about BO2. Do I miss it? Yeah. Does it make me not want to play? No. You just have to adjust. I guess that's the point I'm trying to get at. Why not change your strategy?

As for the game changing by knocking over a tree or opening up a couple doors, that really does nothing for me. The few times I played BF4, I destroyed a shit ton of buildings and other shit but that didn't do anything for me either. It wasn't like it changed the game in any manner. Maybe I just haven't played it long enough but it didn't really make me think that BF4 was light ages ahead in the technology department.

Too me there is a big difference. Yes, people camp in BF4 too, especially with a sniper. But not as much as on COD imo. And I even have some issues with TTK/hit detection but still enjoy it more. I get bored real fast on COD as it`s very repetative.

As mentioned, it takes hell of a lot more skill to kill with snipers, so QS doesn`t exist. A camper in a house? Bring the house down on him.

I adjusted by stop playing it.

I get the part about the scorestreaks. I loved that about BO2. Do I miss it? Yeah. Does it make me not want to play? No. You just have to adjust. I guess that's the point I'm trying to get at. Why not change your strategy?

For me, COD Ghosts brought back all the negative aspects of the early games that I thought the series eradicated. Most of the issues that were prominent in the likes of MW2 were taken on board by developers from feedback generated by the community. The new IW don't seem to listen to the players whereas Treyarch have a much closer-knit relationship with gamers. 

After playing weeks of Ghosts, it felt like I was back in the old days for all the wrong reasons. MW2 was badly designed and proved a learning curve for future games (or so we thought) but it had many positives and could be forgiven for being a fairly new concept for console gamers. Ghosts had the negative points we've seen previous but there wasn't any redeeming features either. 

If it wasn't for Battlefield 4 or the prospect of Titanfall; I'd sift my way through to max prestige again probably on Ghosts but these two titles demonstrate the future of MP gaming and they are so ahead of Ghosts; I find myself wanting more these days. COD just feels like an old gen game of a bygone era. 

Not at all Bob. Reason being, the learning curve. There is no where to learn the game and all that it offers. Having never played any of the Battlefield games, I have no idea how or what anything is in the game. If it wasn't for Chris, I wouldn't have known how to even sign up for Battlelog.

With this being said, I will give Battlefield another try, simply because I miss gaming with everyone. However, I will suck and bitch and complain the whole time. Not to mention, I'll ask a bunch of questions. This does not mean that I won't still play COD. Maybe it's because I didn't start playing CoD until the middle of MW2, that the game hasn't gotten boring for me yet.

Again, I didn't want this to be a game war. I just wanted to know why no one plays this anymore.

Not at all Bob. Reason being, the learning curve. There is no where to learn the game and all that it offers. Having never played any of the Battlefield games, I have no idea how or what anything is in the game. If it wasn't for Chris, I wouldn't have known how to even sign up for Battlelog.

With this being said, I will give Battlefield another try, simply because I miss gaming with everyone. However, I will suck and bitch and complain the whole time. Not to mention, I'll ask a bunch of questions. This does not mean that I won't still play COD. Maybe it's because I didn't start playing CoD until the middle of MW2, that the game hasn't gotten boring for me yet.

Again, I didn't want this to be a game war. I just wanted to know why no one plays this anymore.

Battlefield 4 is a tough learning curve indeed. It's a very different game than that of Call of Duty and I can see how some people may struggle to adapt or just simply not get into the game. It is definitely not a pick up a play type title. I've been playing Battlefield since the first game (1942) well over a decade ago and even I struggle today. Best thing to do is play with a bunch of friends, have fun and you'll soon pick up the general gist and how to go about matches. 

All eyes will be on Sledgehammer and the next Call of Duty soon. They will be looking over their shoulder at the likes of Battlefield and the prospect of Titanfall and with this being their first game; they will know what is expected of them. Ghosts may have proved unpopular for the dedicated community but it's not the end of Call of Duty and perhaps Ghosts being crap for many and the prospect of two major titles as competition; it may give the franchise a welcome kick up the backside.

I just got burned out on FPS multiplayer in general. Little things have changed, but it's still the same basic gameplay and same shit community as when I started with the original Modern Warfare.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

However, I will suck and bitch and complain the whole time.

No change there then, Kyle? ;)

I still play Ghosts coz pf the players, I am bored to the back teeth with the maps now, the wait for the first DLC is too long. I agree with James comment about the next CoD having to look over it's shoulder

BF4 is a bitch at first, and very frustrating, but the more you play , the more you understand and I like very much the fact that YOU can choose where to respawn either at a fixed point or on a squad mate, you're not just dumped in by the game engine.

One tip:- avoid flying in a helicopter piloted by Glen! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

- no faith in IW games after the shitty state they ABANDONED MW2

- the hype about MW3 being good, yet they didnt properly reward objective play, and the god awful rewind/lag comp, combined with fucking awful spawns and bland maps ( was hella fun when we had full parties.....euan , kyle, sean, tam, bees, hector, etc dropping MOABS like they were going out of fashion)

- BLOPS2 promised to get rid of the bad things from mw3, but yet again the connection was a pile of utter shite, parties couldnt connect properly, LIGHTNING  STRIKES.....

- IW " ghosts is gunna be amazing honest !"....sorry, im not parting with my cash.

finally bees, i thnk the biggest thing is the transition from old to next gen. I cant afford a ps4, and there was no way im spending £100 on two games, one of which i'll likely not get to play with many people (ghosts). bf4 was the better option in terms of lifetime for me, plus i wasnt going to risk getting ghosts. if i had a ps4 given to me, i'd probably have gotten both.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

I don't get to game on anything at the moment but when i do it's mostly cod, great games on Saturday dude! We're pretty much unstoppable during the morning sessions!

I prefer cod to bf but that's just because i prefer the pace of cod, don't get me wrong, bf is an amazing game and i love playing it but cod is my ting.

In fact i've missed making comms so much i'm going to plug my ps3 back in at some point and make some more, until they remove the HDCP on the ps4 :) 

With this being said, I will give Battlefield another try, simply because I miss gaming with everyone. However, I will suck and bitch and complain the whole time. Not to mention, I'll ask a bunch of questions. This does not mean that I won't still play COD. Maybe it's because I didn't start playing CoD until the middle of MW2, that the game hasn't gotten boring for me yet.

Yes the lack of a practise mode is an omission, and makes that learning curve that much steeper. I definitely had times when I considered jacking it in but I persevered and now think its a great game. It has it's flaws, and it can be bewildering trying to make a difference on something like Conquest. If you try it again I'm sure plenty of us will be happy to answer your questions and help out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kyle I still play both, I read what others have said and agree with most of it, bo2 was the best cod to date for me but only because of hc , I liked mw3 too I was a cod fanboy, but ghosts is a disappointment for me no challenges loved the challenges in bo2, no point playing objectives unless you want to die constantly, prestiging is even pointless as you just go buy all the classes, I will still play it I've bought the season pass, but I've found I just avoid the half the maps and hope the dlc maps are more fun.

As for bf4 kyle I was there and agree we both needed Chris and euans help to even get started, I nearly gave up on the game when I started I had a 0.4 kd I only play Dom fast paced gun on gun no vehicles to bother with and when you start to unlock stuff it gets easier my kd is now up to 0.93 someone with your skill should have no probs picking it up given a little time.

I will however keep playing both, ghosts isn't unplayable to me, especially with others, a friend of mine just got it with his ps4 and he sucks :)

The connection is the best on any cod I've played.

You could be right, I have played 1 1/2 days on ghosts, maybe it would get better, but on all he others there was something making me want to keep playing in every spare minute I had, ghosts for whatever reason just isn't doing that for me...

.I feel every year the people that play the game make me more angry...

.The maps are large which isn't a problem, it's that's the maps are large and have a lot of hiding places and a lot of high ground.

.I feel that you die too quickly, if you get spooked by a corner camper there no time to react to defend yourself, in previous games it could be done, even in my 2 sensitivity...

Other factors:

New system with new controller, I prefer the ps3 remote... But hey we have to move on sometime...

I don't play with anyone, the people I used to play with dislike the game more than me, and simply will not play, and even though I have known a lot of you for years now and your all really nice likable people, I'm too shy to ask people to play, or feel really awkward when I'm in games with forum members...

(The above issue is something I'm trying to address in my life at the moment, I'm too shy in life and it's getting me nowhere)

As I have said before, I want to like this game, but the experience I have when playing just isn't what I'm looking for...

blackops2sig.jpg

Jonny, I see you on all the time. I have no problem if you want to game, even without a mic. I know you're a good player and you would definitely be better than 98% of the randoms I get.

I really do hope that the next installment brings everyone back!!!

The connection is the best on any cod I've played.

You could be right, I have played 1 1/2 days on ghosts, maybe it would get better, but on all he others there was something making me want to keep playing in every spare minute I had, ghosts for whatever reason just isn't doing that for me...

.I feel every year the people that play the game make me more angry...

.The maps are large which isn't a problem, it's that's the maps are large and have a lot of hiding places and a lot of high ground.

.I feel that you die too quickly, if you get spooked by a corner camper there no time to react to defend yourself, in previous games it could be done, even in my 2 sensitivity...

Other factors:

New system with new controller, I prefer the ps3 remote... But hey we have to move on sometime...

I don't play with anyone, the people I used to play with dislike the game more than me, and simply will not play, and even though I have known a lot of you for years now and your all really nice likable people, I'm too shy to ask people to play, or feel really awkward when I'm in games with forum members...

(The above issue is something I'm trying to address in my life at the moment, I'm too shy in life and it's getting me nowhere)

As I have said before, I want to like this game, but the experience I have when playing just isn't what I'm looking for...

If you ever see me on and want an invite just say man, you don't have to chat if you feel uncomfortable but if not no worries. 

If i see you on shall i send you an invite and then leave it up to you?

Hey Jonny you sound a little like me I'm ok when I get to know people but quiet otherwise, when I joined the clan I never said shit and Kyle scared me lol, however as I got to know them its much better now.....kyle still scares me tho :)